• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any broken adjustable posts out there

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
I was just wondering if any one has busted them in two yet? It seems to me its only a matter of time before I break mine. I bought an extra allready. Maybe its just the flex that is allowable and prevents them from breaking.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I was just wondering if any one has busted them in two yet? It seems to me its only a matter of time before I break mine. I bought an extra allready. Maybe its just the flex that is allowable and prevents them from breaking.

i have the hcr as well... sled has been rag dolled a few times, been off 4 cliffs over 100 feet and 600 miles of smiles so far... the bushing on the steering post (reason for the wobble/looseness you feel) will need to be replaced before i sell it, but the bars are holding up great!

F
Dec 9, 2007
Crooked adjustable steering post on 06 M7

Just put my adjustable post in and it won't sit straight!! The angle is off pivoting to the left(sitting on the seat facing forward), anyone else have this problem? By the sounds of it I might just take it back and order the Fastlane one!

M
Nov 23, 2008
Vancouver, wash
Firefly, you have to relocate where it bolts to the tunnel. I moved mine over about 5/8 - 3/4 of an inch. The new post is curved your stock post is straight.

F
Dec 9, 2007
Thank you M7, that's what I thinking I had to do. Was there enough clearance for the gas tank or did you move it back for the steering assembly to not rub the tank?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
07 and up tanks are different to allow for steering post placement and the mutiple coils, tried using an 06 Crossfire tank (bigger) on my 08 M1000 and it nearly rubbed through when steering to right and one of the coils was digging into it near bottom.

M
Nov 23, 2008
Vancouver, wash
Firefly,
i just moved the post straight over. It was rubbing tank before i moved it. Now it does not. I bent mine first ride out, so i went with the 09 nonadjustable with three inch riser. Was to lazy to switch bars back. Other wise i would have just put it back to stock.

M
Jan 3, 2008
Munising
Bent one already, right above were it connects to the tank. Had someone "helping" me dig it out and they basically put all their weight on it trying to tip the sled on its side.

W

Warrior67

Nov 28, 2007
2 posts and a set of handle bars for me. Going to go to the old style post and dog bone riser next time.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
loose

Have not bent or broke mine yet. Over 600 miles on 09 m8. It seems to be getting real loose though. Sooner or later will have to go fixed.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
When I rode the 2009 M8 demo the other day the VSB bar post moved around a lot. In fact, when climbing through a rutted area I think the shaking of the post caused me to lose my grip for a few seconds (which was scary as heck) but, I was able to grab the bars again before disaster.

I love the idea of the adjsutable bars but, it needs some type of reenforcing plate to keep it from moving all over the place. Hopefully, there will be an update forthcoming.

Premium Features