• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Trailer Floor Option

S
Feb 22, 2013
This has been an a very informative read! I too have a Legend Trailmaster 8.5' x 28' on order since late October. Doesn't sound like I'll be seeing anytime soon but I figured it was a good time to researching flooring. This thread seems to answer most of my questions. looks like I'll be calling Swisstrax next week!

Paul27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2008
Reno, NV
Great thread! Really appreciate all the shared info. Looking at Swisstrax Ribtrax for my shop, based on your advice. Anyone recommend the Ribtrax Smooth Pro, vs. the Ribtrax Pro?

Just finished installing Caliber products in my Mirage trailer. Did a price comparison with other ski-guide brands while planning the project (attached). Turns out Caliber has the best product on the market IMO (in terms of design, function, service, warranty, etc.), AND the best price. Very satisfied with how the project turned out.

Tips for sled door / ramps using Caliber hinged transitions: Tip #1: Fasten Caliber hinged transitions onto the top AND bottom of your ramp (Caliber 13392 Edge Glide, four piece kit, each 24" wide X 9" long, $83.18). Would work great sliding over the top of your Ribtrax deck. With that installation, Caliber hinged transitions are self-opening, self closing. Tip #2: I use one on each side and one in the middle, not connected. They adapt to uneven snow better when independent. Tip #3: Fit the Caliber hinged transitions with your ramp closed. Add a 1/16" hard-cardboard (Cheerios box) spacer on your deck, for adequate clearance / expansion. Check for cable clearance on top.

All the best!

Caliber Ski Guides.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Update. Still waiting for black tiles to come back in stock from Deck Tred. Not sure where they originate from, but I'm told getting them from CA to UT (where Deck Tred is) was a struggle with Covid. Should be shipping early next week (fingers crossed). Got the trim pulled and a new coat of paint on the fenders and floor last weekend before they go down. Contemplating going up the wall with one row of black tiles now to act as a scuff pad. Would blend with the black fenders pretty well I think.

Disregard the hanging wires in the middle of the ceiling. They were strung in for the stereo, but not fully secured yet.

IMG_20210101_234355.jpgIMG_20210103_183618.jpg

S
Feb 22, 2013
#RayPaula, Has your dealer or Legend given you a expected delivery date or lead time? I ordered late October and I was told probably March/April (5 to 6 months)...

R
Nov 30, 2019
#RayPaula, Has your dealer or Legend given you a expected delivery date or lead time? I ordered late October and I was told probably March/April (5 to 6 months)...
Just received mine last week!! It took about 3-1/2 months but, well worth the wait. I'm going to hold of until the weather breaks to install all my flooring and ramp materials. I'm going to seal the floor and ramps with a black sealer before installing everything. Why black? I placed a few of my black RibTrax on the floor and then on some black rubber for viewing contrast. For me, I like the black on black other wise I would just use clear sealer. I'm currently lookiong at diamond tread plate (ATP) like FatDogX posted #4 of this thread. Caliber looks nice but, I have a trike with trailer along with DJ equipment that I'll be using the trailer for as well. Keep us all updated as you go along..... ??

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Just received mine last week!! It took about 3-1/2 months but, well worth the wait. I'm going to hold of until the weather breaks to install all my flooring and ramp materials. I'm going to seal the floor and ramps with a black sealer before installing everything. Why black? I placed a few of my black RibTrax on the floor and then on some black rubber for viewing contrast. For me, I like the black on black other wise I would just use clear sealer. I'm currently lookiong at diamond tread plate (ATP) like FatDogX posted #4 of this thread. Caliber looks nice but, I have a trike with trailer along with DJ equipment that I'll be using the trailer for as well. Keep us all updated as you go along..... ??
Awesome to hear, can't wait to see the finished product!!

R
Nov 30, 2019
Awesome to hear, can't wait to see the finished product!!
I'm really excited!! I've got all my materials waiting on me except for a couple (ATP) hinged transition plates. Soon as the weather breaks I'm going to be tearing into it!! I will definitely keep everyone here tuned in. Man!! You guy's really got me spending $$$...... It all started with you FatDogX.........LOL! ??

R
Nov 30, 2019
Great thread! Really appreciate all the shared info. Looking at Swisstrax Ribtrax for my shop, based on your advice. Anyone recommend the Ribtrax Smooth Pro, vs. the Ribtrax Pro?

Just finished installing Caliber products in my Mirage trailer. Did a price comparison with other ski-guide brands while planning the project (attached). Turns out Caliber has the best product on the market IMO (in terms of design, function, service, warranty, etc.), AND the best price. Very satisfied with how the project turned out.

Tips for sled door / ramps using Caliber hinged transitions: Tip #1: Fasten Caliber hinged transitions onto the top AND bottom of your ramp (Caliber 13392 Edge Glide, four piece kit, each 24" wide X 9" long, $83.18). Would work great sliding over the top of your Ribtrax deck. With that installation, Caliber hinged transitions are self-opening, self closing. Tip #2: I use one on each side and one in the middle, not connected. They adapt to uneven snow better when independent. Tip #3: Fit the Caliber hinged transitions with your ramp closed. Add a 1/16" hard-cardboard (Cheerios box) spacer on your deck, for adequate clearance / expansion. Check for cable clearance on top.

All the best!
Great tips!! I wish the Caliber's would work out for my 7-1/2" front ramp door gap. A couple more inches in depth, I would be ordering. Thanks. ?

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
Great tips!! I wish the Caliber's would work out for my 7-1/2" front ramp door gap. A couple more inches in depth, I would be ordering. Thanks. ?
Yep, they just barely fit the hinge gap on my trailer. They also make a pretty good seal to the floor, which prevents water from passing underneath to drain out.
I sent Caliber an email last year with both issues and suggestions for the next version to make them even better. Maybe in a year or two version 3 will be out a bit longer and drainage channels underneath like the ski guides.

R
Nov 30, 2019
Yep, they just barely fit the hinge gap on my trailer. They also make a pretty good seal to the floor, which prevents water from passing underneath to drain out.
I sent Caliber an email last year with both issues and suggestions for the next version to make them even better. Maybe in a year or two version 3 will be out a bit longer and drainage channels underneath like the ski guides.
That would be nice if they made the depth a little longer. I woud have to say, 12" would cover anything out there. With that being said, they may have to design them a little stronger to handle the width of the gap. Thanks again for sharing. Ray ??

S
Feb 22, 2013
Great - I'm at 4 1/2 months and no word on delivery yet of my 8.5' x 28 Legend Trailmaster. They warned me that it would take up to 6 months...

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I would like to get some flooring like this in my trailer. I have been looking at a lot of pictures. I have full length t channel and 6 other tie down spots. I just don't see how I can keep the flooring from moving around without a bunch of screws through the floor to secure it.

Also for the people that have wall to wall flooring and no tie down spots, I can't do that. Do you just let your stuff wander around? Or do I just drive like a maniac?

If I don't tie stuff down it moves around, rubs holes in stuff, snowbike falls over ect.

hartlogan

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Finally got my tiles put in! started a new thread here so everyone can see https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/finally-got-my-decktred-installed.458072/

One finished picture for this thread though.

View attachment 367018

Do you have any pictures of the tiles after carbides run across them? I ordered some samples from RaceDeck and sat my sled skis on them to drag it back and forth. It left quite a mark, enough that I would want to get Caliber guides for the trailer floor to keep this from being a constant problem.

3c88956ff02d83626573747e37a63d6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Do you have any pictures of the tiles after carbides run across them? I ordered some samples from RaceDeck and sat my sled skis on them to drag it back and forth. It left quite a mark, enough that I would want to get Caliber guides for the trailer floor to keep this from being a constant problem.

I've only run a few sleds in and out as the truck has been down for the last month and no one else can/will tow my trailer. There are some marks, but I don't see any cuts in it. Nothing like what you are showing there anyway. I wouldn't want to put any flooring down that you think you need to put ski glides over the top of. Kind of defeats the purpose in my mind.

I would like to get some flooring like this in my trailer. I have been looking at a lot of pictures. I have full length t channel and 6 other tie down spots. I just don't see how I can keep the flooring from moving around without a bunch of screws through the floor to secure it.

Also for the people that have wall to wall flooring and no tie down spots, I can't do that. Do you just let your stuff wander around? Or do I just drive like a maniac?

If I don't tie stuff down it moves around, rubs holes in stuff, snowbike falls over ect.
The Deck Tred is a pretty grippy surface. Not much movement with the sled brakes locked and no tie downs. I even left some wheels under the skis of one (from driving from the shop across the yard) for 200 miles with just the brake locked. Sled didn't move around that I noticed. If you need tie downs you just cut out the tiles where the tie downs are in the floor. With the T-channel I would screw it to the floor next to the channel and let if float to the outside edge of the trailer from there.

hartlogan

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
No problem,

The transitions plates are holding their shape and I have had no issues what so ever. Now......where did I get them......I ordered them online but I seriously cannot remember where that was from??????

FatDogX, how are your tiles holding up after significant use? Do you normally use sled wheels on the tiles, or just drive on them with carbides? I’m on the fence about getting tiles vs some coin flooring and ski guides. Thanks!

Premium Features