• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha Silber turbo

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
What are you running for magnet weight? Boost? Fuel mix?
Honestly I cant remember magnet weight. But I adjusted the boost t to 7lbs and 50/50 mix of av gas. Pulling 8500rpm and running great

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Honestly I cant remember magnet weight. But I adjusted the boost t to 7lbs and 50/50 mix of av gas. Pulling 8500rpm and running great

Does it have that bog dead spot at 4500~?

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Does it have that bog dead spot at 4500~?
Not anymore. It was so bad before cycles and sleds kit that I was going to take it off and send it back. It wouldn't idle, wouldn't go into reverse, and fell flat on its face between 4 and 5k rpm. Literally put on Colin's kit and silber came out with a new map. And never had another issue with it

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Went back to my clutching from last year, runs like a top no bog. Too much weight in primary loads clutch too much and really makes that little hesitation around 4500 turn into an unacceptable bog. Everyone that’s running the newest flash what are you running for primary weight?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Was going to boost my 154 with elevate kit but not after riding it. Once the flap sticks straight out it flips at will. Don't want anymore ski pressure. Shoulders won't take it. Would only do a 165.

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
Haven't rode mine yet , but have heard nothing but good things with this set up and the new flash . Heading to Centennial the 18th

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
I have the cycles and sleds full setup on mine and the latest flash. It is as close to perfect as I think we are going to get. I don’t have a bog at 4700 but it is a little fat there, pulls through it every time and is very snappy from 5000-8400. This is how I dreamed this sled would work when I bought the turbo kit. Very happy now. I’m running 7psi and mixing half and half 110/91 octane. I have some video of her running but don’t know how to post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I have the cycles and sleds full setup on mine and the latest flash. It is as close to perfect as I think we are going to get. I don’t have a bog at 4700 but it is a little fat there, pulls through it every time and is very snappy from 5000-8400. This is how I dreamed this sled would work when I bought the turbo kit. Very happy now. I’m running 7psi and mixing half and half 110/91 octane. I have some video of her running but don’t know how to post it.

I would gave to completely agree with this. I feel the same way.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc

upload to youtube and copy/post the link here.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
What are you running for magnet weight? Boost? Fuel mix?
Running at 8,000-10,000, my boost gage showing about 4-5lbs. Last year I ran a couple a gal of race with each tank when the boost actuator was broken and boost would spike all over the place. Have about 4 rides on it this year and pretty happy to run straight 91 pump gas. Not a single set sensor problem. I’ll have to look to see what my weights are, but hitting a pretty consistent 8200 rpm on long pulls.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I just got the newest flash from February or March of 19 and it is spot on now no hesitation near 4700 on steady throttle full pull n go. Very good throttle response. This sled is a beast.

donaldej

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Corvallis Oregon

Same here, rode it for 2 days last weekend and everything was spot on running 7lb boost and i believe 80 grams at 6000 ft hitting around 8300 rpm. running half av half premium.
Don

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Seems to be a big lack of turbo alpha vids on YouTube, unless due to the unfortunate personalized search experiences I'm not seeing them. Would love to see videos! Cycle and sleds just upped a quick one.

Boondocker website lists a kit, don't see any vids on it. And I think push turbos? And redline performance...?

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Seems to be a big lack of turbo alpha vids on YouTube, unless due to the unfortunate personalized search experiences I'm not seeing them. Would love to see videos! Cycle and sleds just upped a quick one.

Boondocker website lists a kit, don't see any vids on it. And I think push turbos? And redline performance...?
6# boost from January last year. 76g primary silber clutching. 40% av. I recently put the newest map in and it’s lightning quick to spool. No more hesitation around steady 4700. It’s a beast to ride!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
6# boost from January last year. 76g primary silber clutching. 40% av. I recently put the newest map in and it’s lightning quick to spool. No more hesitation around steady 4700. It’s a beast to ride!

wicked, what elevation? boosted it from day 1? how many miles with the kit now? If I go with a kit I'd like to be running pump though I can get 94 octane, and yeah low boost, ~5#, maybe 6 and hopefully not re-gear. Not real power hungry just want it for the bit extra it gives.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
wicked, what elevation? boosted it from day 1? how many miles with the kit now? If I go with a kit I'd like to be running pump though I can get 94 octane, and yeah low boost, ~5#, maybe 6 and hopefully not re-gear. Not real power hungry just want it for the bit extra it gives.
8500-10500’. 900 miles boosted from day 1 zero issues, I’d be scared to hold it wot with pump gas but madmax is doing it.. The newest silber tune is really good! I’m gonna do some more vids soon.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
8500-10500’. 900 miles boosted from day 1 zero issues, I’d be scared to hold it wot with pump gas but madmax is doing it.. The newest silber tune is really good! I’m gonna do some more vids soon.

Good info, depending on boost your likely just fine on pump gas 91, sleds rated at 91 octane/sea level. If you check/deduct elevation air pressure difference in sure you'd find your not far off stock hp? Could be wrong. I haven't inquired but I'd think/hope silber has some knock sensing/reduction/protection added into the tune as well. Amazing what can be done now in engine tuning/management.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Good info, depending on boost your likely just fine on pump gas 91, sleds rated at 91 octane/sea level. If you check/deduct elevation air pressure difference in sure you'd find your not far off stock hp? Could be wrong. I haven't inquired but I'd think/hope silber has some knock sensing/reduction/protection added into the tune as well. Amazing what can be done now in engine tuning/management.
If your octane isn't high enough you throw a det code and sled goes into limp mode

Premium Features