• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable Arctic steering post into Edge?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I have an '05 RMK that I have broken the post twice, so far. I have been able to take it out and weld it up to get me riding again, but I figure I'm due to replace it. The standard answer is get a Fabcraft or Wildchild tube and run it. Since I'm on the taller side of things, I run a 3" riser since it is a good compromise between sitting and standing. If I have a post built, I will probably maintain the stock height and bar so when I am done riding the machine I can drop it back to stock height if needed.

My question: Is there a way, or an advantage, to making the new adjustable Arctic post fit into the Edge chassis? I can see some advantages if it is possible, but is it feasible or cost effective?

VB

D
Dec 4, 2007
Denver, CO
just get a good post and fixed position. what sled is it on? 900 chassis with the adjustable post? not sure how hard it would be to fit the cat post but it's not worth it even if it would drop in, they're junk. they wear out and get a lot of play in them at the least. if you're having problems breaking fixed post the cat posts are gonna break off even more

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
'05 700 144" RMK.

Thanks. I was thinking it would be nice to have a little higher stance for standing but not required over the stock tube with a 3" fixed riser. I don't want any higher for sitting down. Granted, I stand up a lot, I do ride with my daughter in front of me so don't need to give that up.

I don't need anything that is going to wear out and get sloppy.

The first break was at the mounting flange. It cracked around both sides of the post to almost an 1/8" from the edge of the flange on both sides.

The second break appeared to be an inaccurate weld (too hot?) for the turning stop that is mounted below the upper pivot bushing. Luckily there is the inner sleeve for support so I could at least run the controls while being towed back to the trailer.

VB

L
Jul 18, 2001
WA
Get a fixed post and the right height or bends to get rid of the riser.
Wildchild posts will hold up to some serious abuse.:cool:
Not sure what the Fabcraft post looks like but I have definitely liked their tunnels.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
so is your post a flat top or a polaris t top? the t tops are tough i have a 6 inch riser on mine. i'm 6'1 and have a 1200 in mine (lots off pull on the bars ) if you have the flat top you will love the t very adjustable.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Currently a flat top.

Wish I had taken pictures of the cracks before I welded them up.

I don't have a problem with the position of the bars in the currently 3" higher stance, just would like a better piece of mind that they hold up.

VB

Premium Features