• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
Wow! you really went through with it. Congrats! Sounds like it will be bullet proof too. looking forward to seeing how this monster performs.:beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Carl's will set you up with a 975 kit without a problem...

But it will be limited to summer production... If you want one, dont wait till August to order one. You won't get one "in season" next year.

Carls has an all new piston design for these...

These kits flat out rock in this chassis... great bang for your buck that adds over 110cc to this motor.

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
Carls has an all new piston design for these...

MH-can you tell me more about this. The HTG kit I have uses wiseco 88mm pistons that I believe are the exact same ones Carl's cycle uses in their 975 kit. I think the only differences between the 2 kits are the heads. HTG uses pump gas and carl's uses same race gas. Anyways the guy I bought my 975 from had 2 brand new pistons for it still in the box. The label on it says carl's cycle polaris 900 88 mm part # 10065M08800. Are these the new ones? This pistons were bought this past spring supposedly and I know they are $189 each to replace. I was thinking of buying some spares.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You'll have to call and talk to Chris in the performance dept at Carls about the pistons. I don't think that they'll sell you just pistons if you didn't buy the kit from them. Worth a try though.

The difference is also in the porting and the custom re-flash (re programming) of the ECU. Being in Bay City.... the flatlander HTG setup is probably best for you.

Carls has their 975 kits dialed in for Mountain use. Their kits are designed as a system with the pipe, head, porting, reeds, Clutchig and a custom ECU map.... fine tuned to work very well together!!

Last edited:
L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
Yes that is why I went with HTG. They are from NY and I have seen their sleds run and they do run.

When did you hear about this new piston design MH? I think I will shoot chris an email.

Premium Features