• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 cfi fit in a 07 dragon rmk

S
Dec 31, 2013
I was wondering if a 2005 900 CFI engine and 2007 700 CFI are built with the same block. I'm thinking about swapping my 700 out with a 900 in my 2007 Dragon RMK chassis. I'm just not sure if the block and engine mounts from the 900 are the same as the 700. I would like it to be just a bolt in swap and not have to manufacture a bunch of new parts.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Engine mounting on those two sleds are completely different, you would have to figure something out yourself... it can be done, but it's not a direct bolt-in like what you are asking.

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
The 07 did come out with a 900 in them BUT NEVER hit the dealers as the mounts that they made were to ridged so they stopped building them. Carls had built the proto type mounts and had put them on a few sleds. The front mount will bolt right in with no problem as the holes are already there. The rear you will have to make the rear mounts. I had some of the mounts but sold them to a guy that is doing just what you are wanting to do. Hope that helps I could see if the guy that built them still has plans.
The other guys are right about the engine being different but the 900 engine will fit in there.

Premium Features