• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800efi fuel pump problems?

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Im not getting fuel to my throttle bodies. This has happened before i just put in a new pump. Now i don't really want to spend the money on a pump. What would cause this i never rode the sled last year or the year before but when it was stored it did have fuel stabilizer run through it. Is there a way to take it apart and clean it and make sure it is good? What would cause this?

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
Try priming the pump with a battery. See if it is running. We always stored our sleds full of fuel. Someone said that the pump should be in fuel. True or not. Sometimes the fuel presure bleeds off to making it hard to start. Did it run with this fuel pump?

Will

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Yes when it was parked for storage it did run with this pump. The tank not full though so ill try and drain and fill with some fresh fuel and prime the pump.

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
What are the smart valves is that the things in the bottom of the tank that the fuel gets sucked through? Just take them apart and clean them or what?

Premium Features