• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 just 6500 rpm.

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
Crank index is another one that most forget to mention or check-if she's twisted out of phase you'll pull your hair out trying to find the problem elsewhere. All you need is a degree wheel,dial indicator and 5 minutes of your time.

Had this happen to my daughters RMK500, it was a pain to figure out. It popped once after running perfect all day and then wouldn't run for schmitt. Good call FTX

Nov 23, 2008
it feels like i have checked everything and i cant find anything wrong!
Now i have tried another flywheel, another cdi, another harness, another volt regulator, tried to tie the exhaust valves both open and closed it got little worse with them open :confused: , i also got new cylinder and head gaskets.
I have built an airbox so the carbs get fresh cold air.
I have tried to bypass the temp sensor, checked the carbs ones more and nothing is wrong whit the clutches. Finally i have checked the crank with a degree wheel and i cant find ANYTHING wrong and it is making me crazy:mad:
Thanks for all help! But i need more ideas..

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Could it be something as simple as jetting? Slp's spec's for the twins call for me to run 520-540's. It will not crawl out of the yard with those in there. I am running 360's from 0-3000' @ 0 degrees F

Just a thought.

Nov 23, 2008
Could it be something as simple as jetting? Slp's spec's for the twins call for me to run 520-540's. It will not crawl out of the yard with those in there. I am running 360's from 0-3000' @ 0 degrees F

Just a thought.

i have tried to run it down to 390 and it didn't get better. my sparkplugs looks good so i cant be that much off? what engine are you running? twin pipes? thanks.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
i have tried to run it down to 390 and it didn't get better. my sparkplugs looks good so i cant be that much off? what engine are you running? twin pipes? thanks.

I have 3 actually. Mine is an 03 vertical escape 800 with slp race twins.I am running 360's in mine. Mine is ported as well and am running an slp 3-6000 cheater head. My boys is an 04 prox2 700. His motor is stock with crankshop twins. I did have slp race twins on that one too until they needed to be replaced. Ran 370's in his with both the slp's and crankshops. My wife's 03 800 rmk has the consumer slp twins on it. Again, I think I have 380 mains in hers. I forget because because I haven't had to touch her jetting in 3 years. So, 360-380's for all 3 700 and 800's. Yet per slp's spec sheet, they should all be running 520+??? I don't want to melt you down, but just giving you some food for thought since you are running out of ideas with yours.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
how about checking the vent for the fuel tank..if it is plugged the sled cant pull fuel from the tank...especially if once in a while you can get it to rev a little for a few minutes before it dies out....simple as loosening the gas cap a few turns..might also check the pulse hose for the pump....

Nov 23, 2008
I have 3 actually. Mine is an 03 vertical escape 800 with slp race twins.I am running 360's in mine. Mine is ported as well and am running an slp 3-6000 cheater head. My boys is an 04 prox2 700. His motor is stock with crankshop twins. I did have slp race twins on that one too until they needed to be replaced. Ran 370's in his with both the slp's and crankshops. My wife's 03 800 rmk has the consumer slp twins on it. Again, I think I have 380 mains in hers. I forget because because I haven't had to touch her jetting in 3 years. So, 360-380's for all 3 700 and 800's. Yet per slp's spec sheet, they should all be running 520+??? I don't want to melt you down, but just giving you some food for thought since you are running out of ideas with yours.

thanks for that. right now i am running 540 mains, because i taught it was running lean when i saw slp's jetting chart. I will try 360 first thing tomorrow. hope thats it.

i have changed the pulse hose so thats not it. but i will try to lose the gas cap..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
thanks for that. right now i am running 540 mains, because i taught it was running lean when i saw slp's jetting chart. I will try 360 first thing tomorrow. hope thats it.

i have changed the pulse hose so thats not it. but i will try to lose the gas cap..

makes me think it is a fuel problem..especially with 540's in it and not showing pig rich black plugs....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska

Me too! That would be sweet. It took me a while to trust what the plugs and wash were telling me, when the charts were SOOO far off. 2 or 3 sizes is one thing, but that far? It was hard to believe. I know others around me that are running even leaner on their jetting. That is pushing it imo. Good luck.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
thats a good thought that it might be fuel problems in 2006 when my friend took his 440 motor out and put an 800 in , if i rember rite it was kinda running like yours is now and all his problem was the small fuel line that the 440 came with from the tank..
just give that a check

Nov 23, 2008
thats a good thought that it might be fuel problems in 2006 when my friend took his 440 motor out and put an 800 in , if i rember rite it was kinda running like yours is now and all his problem was the small fuel line that the 440 came with from the tank..
just give that a check

thanks i will check that to..

Premium Features