• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 VES questions

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Sled: 03' 600 RMK 144" track, bone stock. 2500 miles. Just went through most of everything for maintance: replaced driveshaft bearing, cleaned VES valves, fixed a coolant leak, cleaned carbs & clutches, changed chaincase oil, pulled skid out & apart to regrease everything, removed sway bar.

It gets ridden at 9-12k, and does fairly well, but I was wondering if there are any hot clutch setups, gearing combos (I'm sure deeper than the stock 19/39 would be an improvement), or suggested carb settings. Seems a little fat with 300 main jets. Also, is there not much of an improvement with aftermarket single pipes on these sleds, I only saw lighter cans and twin pipes for it on SLP's website? Its a friend's sled, and I know he's not interested in spending alot of cash, but maybe I can convince him...haha
Thanks

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Carl's 660 is the best bang for the buck on that sled...

They have a single pipe, made for the 660, but it works super well on the stock motor too.

The SLP twins are a good option too.

sled_guy

Premium Features