• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 skidoo 850 bog after warm up

Dec 19, 2022
Wyoming
I recently bought a 2020 skidoo summit sp 850 with a boondocker sidekick and took it out for the first ride and the sled ran great for about an hour then started bogging and would back fire sometimes. No codes came up. Compression is 130 in both cylinders. I couldn’t find any boost leaks. Checked my reeds and they look brand new. Cleaned the rave valves, new spark plugs and I checked the wiring for the primary and secondary fuel injectors and nothing. If the sled sits a while it runs great for a mile or two then has the same problems. I’m lost on what to check next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Be sure to index the spark plugs, if the engine is back firing out the exhaust that usually indicates to much fuel, and a BF out the intake is usually timing related. I am by no means a expert on the new doo but i do know they rely heavily on electronics, now you have added more with the boondocker. Electronics are fantastic when they work but can be a trouble shooting challenge. Good luck

Dec 19, 2022
Wyoming
Be sure to index the spark plugs, if the engine is back firing out the exhaust that usually indicates to much fuel, and a BF out the intake is usually timing related. I am by no means an expert on the new doo but i do know they rely heavily on electronics, now you have added more with the boondocker. Electronics are fantastic when they work but can be a trouble shooting challenge. Good luck
Thank you. I’m assuming it’s the boondocker box. I pulled the turbo off and put it back to factory and it runs perfect. I suppose I should’ve stuck with my instincts and bought a factory turbo instead. Expensive lesson I suppose.

Premium Features