• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 pro rmk 100 octane

F
Mar 8, 2014
Elkford, B.C.
Hello everyone

Got my 2014 rmk pro late last year and was only able too put 2 km on it lol. So my question is around here are gas is **** even are 91 premium is garbage lots of water and it's ethanol content seem outrages. So if I run say 5 liters of 100 octane mixed with my **** 91 octane will it help stabilize the fuel? Will it hurt my engine?

Any help would be great thanks

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Good gas mixed with crappy contaminated gas is just expensive crappy contaminated gas.
You may have to do some looking but find a gas station with good ethanol free gas and be diligent about getting it there

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
thanks guys would it be okay to just run straight 100 octane fuel?

No. The compression of the engine needs 91 octane. You will lose repsonsiveness and engine will not run as well.

Now you could install a higher compression head and run the 100 octane. But then you MUST run the higher octane fuel all of the time.

Is the 100 octane AV-GAS???

K
Oct 29, 2014
I put the 100ll in everything I have that doesn't have a cat. The airport is just down the road so it is a more convenient way for me to get quality fuel than dealing with 110 (that station is a 100mile round trip). It is also cheaper than 110 and has stabilizers that will keep in my dirt bikes over winter and snowmobiles, snowblower over the summer. It is also a fair bet the quality is superior to the best 91 octane at the usual station. I also don't have anything that must run on 110 so for me its a mostly a higher quality product with a little more pep.

Premium Features