• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Backfire and DET7 code

S
Mar 30, 2022
Quebec Canada
I am having issues with my 2013 Pro RMK 800. I was riding along then I lost power, was backfiring like crazy. Stopped change the plugs started it up and was still doing the same thing. Was able to get it back to my truck. The following day I emptied out all the gas which was almost a full tank thinking there was water in the gas. So I filled it back up again with non ethanol 91 octane fuel added some isopropyl and started it up and it was still doing the same thing. So I went for a ride behind my house and approximately 1 mile it would stop back firing and could only get it up to 6500 RPM. Soon as I would slow down it started to backfire again then a DET7 appeared and the check engine light was flashing and it did this all the way back to my house until I shut it off. Any help with what is going on would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

animaldoc

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2008
I am having issues with my 2013 Pro RMK 800. I was riding along then I lost power, was backfiring like crazy. Stopped change the plugs started it up and was still doing the same thing. Was able to get it back to my truck. The following day I emptied out all the gas which was almost a full tank thinking there was water in the gas. So I filled it back up again with non ethanol 91 octane fuel added some isopropyl and started it up and it was still doing the same thing. So I went for a ride behind my house and approximately 1 mile it would stop back firing and could only get it up to 6500 RPM. Soon as I would slow down it started to backfire again then a DET7 appeared and the check engine light was flashing and it did this all the way back to my house until I shut it off. Any help with what is going on would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Mine did same thing last weekend. Try; 1) change out plugs again with new plugs 2) check plug caps for black deposits/ clean them and add dielectric grease. Do simple stuff first before you get into ignition coils etc

Premium Features