• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 800 Assault TPS voltage question

S
Jan 9, 2022
Ontario
I have done a lot of reading on this but have not found anything to relate to so...

Here is my deal,

Using a battery to feed 12.74v to the system at the ECM power plug
Check reference voltage on left pin 5.002v, this looks good
Adjust TPS at center pin to .700v, this also looks good
Adjust throttle plates to .940v

Disconnect battery, start sled and the voltages change, increase of .102v
Left pin is now 5.104v
Center pin is now 1.044v

Cant seem to get this thing to run right,
Also noticed it will start and run with the 2 orange wires disconnected or connected at the rectifier, these are ECM power but labeled as Booster Power in the diagrams.

I can only assume this the extra .102v would throw things out of range,
If this is not the norm where could this extra voltage be coming from.

System voltage when running is at 13.74v DC

SGK

Ole Andre

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2009
This is most likely normal. The procedure state that you should set the TPS at 5v, not that the nominal voltage is 5v when the sled is running. Verify that the TPS resistance is linear thru the whole range - the resistance should steady increase when the throttle is increased. There should be no jumping around values. If all this is good the TPS is not your problem. What's the symptoms?

orange wires are for the capacitor, it will act like a accumulator and stabilize the voltage in the system and also help to store power at startup, 1st pull stores the capacitor, 2end pull starts the sled

S
Jan 9, 2022
Ontario
Ole, I don't believe you can set the TPS supply voltage. This is supplied from the ECU on the critical power side of the electrical.
Everything I have read in forums and repair manuals all point to 5.0v as the base input, once the sled is running the base input voltage increases by 100 milllivolts to 5.1v
once the sled is running all the set values increase by 100 millivolts, my throttle plates closed set to .700 increases to .800 and my idle .940 increase to 1.040.

Polaris tells me this is acceptable because the ECU will understand the voltage increase and compensate for this.

The sled was fouling Mag plugs, changed injectors and re-flashed ECU, started high idle, noticed TPS out put was jumping around, changed TPS and MAP.

Going to start looking for air leaks, its all I have left.

SGK

Premium Features