• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Snow Check

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Don't go to the dark side, you'll regret it. Go instead with the 600 RMK, my second choice; a 600 Switchback Dragon got the cash, however. With track mods to come, this sled will ride.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
I would have to say that the dark side is calling my name also. Cat still seems to be built a little weaker in over all quality, but all in all I like what they are offering. I've been polaris my whole life and oh the sh!t I would get. There is still a 20% that I'll be back.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I could not see doing it since there was not enough changes from my 08 to justify it. My sled now will way outrun run the new ones the way they come stock and I have made no engine mods... only clutching, pipe and track. Waiting for some changes worthwhile....

B

beefspots

Mar 10, 2008
Dayton, Wyo.
Track

I could not see doing it since there was not enough changes from my 08 to justify it. My sled now will way outrun run the new ones the way they come stock and I have made no engine mods... only clutching, pipe and track. Waiting for some changes worthwhile....

Sorry for the jack but just curious as to what track you are running? Thanks

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Don't go to the dark side, you'll regret it. Go instead with the 600 RMK, my second choice; a 600 Switchback Dragon got the cash, however. With track mods to come, this sled will ride.

as nice as the 600 may be i sure wouldn't choose it over an 800. that cat is going to be really nice. don't think you could wrong with either the polaris or the cat. but i really wouldn't be that scared of the polaris. the issues are amplified on snowest, not to take anything away from those who are having serious issues with their sleds.

pv

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
Traded the assault and checked a dragon 155 800. I for one put 800 miles on my assault and didn't have any trouble with it.

Thanks for all of the great opinions and recommendations! I am currently looking at a 2009 M8 sno pro 153 with 235 miles on it. Dealer says it is in new condition...stored in an enclosed trailer. Warranty until December 2010. Dealer wants $8800 firm. I am wondering if this is a decent price...I know people have purchased new for $9400. Any thoughts...

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
sleds

I sold 9 2010 800s so far. Traded in a 2008 M8 that must go!!!
All my 2009s are running awesome. Some do have problems and will be fixed soon!!!

R
Apr 24, 2008
Douglas County, Minnesota
Hmmm.... I know somebody that lost a piston and a diamond drive on an M8 right around 500 miles. Nobody is immune from problems. I hope my 600 RMK is immune from problems though. I sure love that sled.

To answer the question about snowcheck, I don't think I'll ever buy a new sled. I got about $2K off the price of new, for a sled that had only 3 rides on it. I've still got some warranty left too!

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i am sticking with polaris forever. the 2 dealers that i work with make riding polaris the best.
and i know lots of people wont buy cause they see all the negative . but what about all the positive things and the people that havent had any problems. i just see the people that complain and are on here venting after a bad weekend. everyone has bad rides some more than others.
just my.02 cents

T
Dec 4, 2007
2010 D8 155 for me. i switched over from doo. 90% of the reason is dealerships. doo guys blow. It's like they forgot that they are still responsible for customer service after you buy the sled. @$$holes. polaris guys are the best i've ever dealt with. polaris knows whats up with thier engines now, cat is putting out a brand new engine. manufactures can only simulate the conditions we ride. WE are the true R&D. sorry for you guys that paid the price, but im confident in the new engine polaris is putting out.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
2010 D8 155 for me. i switched over from doo. 90% of the reason is dealerships. doo guys blow. It's like they forgot that they are still responsible for customer service after you buy the sled. @$$holes. polaris guys are the best i've ever dealt with. polaris knows whats up with thier engines now, cat is putting out a brand new engine. manufactures can only simulate the conditions we ride. WE are the true R&D. sorry for you guys that paid the price, but im confident in the new engine polaris is putting out.

How do you explain customer service when the dealer sells both Poo and Doo?

Premium Features