• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 RMK 800 dragon 163" what you paying

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
me three!

People who post what a great price they got are usually the ones that can't find a dealer to solve their warranty issues, get lousy setups that endup making the sled look like dog$hit on the hill or... they're 14-15 year olds on mommys computer

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
tnt, I'm sure you didn't really need us to tell you that is a steal of a price.......I would buy it in a heartbeat......that said if it fell off a truck hard enough to need a "track allignment" there's no way it is still straight, I hope you are a handy fella with fixing stuff because something is going to be majorly bent on that sled. I would still take it though even if it needs a tunnel that's a smokin deal. Are they giving you any kind of warranty for that price? I want the other one! You will love that sled !

08TNT

Jan 24, 2008
North east, sd
he said it would get the normal warranty with it. I called him today and said that the tunnel appears to be straight but said if it was tweaked they would file a warranty claim of some sort get me the new tunnel just not replace it. i would have to do that. but im going to school right now for that so it would be a good school project. i wasnt really questioning if it was a steal i just wanted to c how bad i was stealing it

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
he said it would get the normal warranty with it. I called him today and said that the tunnel appears to be straight but said if it was tweaked they would file a warranty claim of some sort get me the new tunnel just not replace it. i would have to do that. but im going to school right now for that so it would be a good school project. i wasnt really questioning if it was a steal i just wanted to c how bad i was stealing it

Now that I read your other posts .... You are getting a slightly damaged sled for $6500 with a full manufacturer warranty. BUY IT

Stuff like belts , rails and exhaust gaskets are not a warranty item so that is why they want you to pay for it.

Since the rails are aluminum they don't bend back very well without cracking them. Thjey are fatigued and it is not a good think. I think you can get custom rails made for under $400 and install them.

So hey guys what does it cost for a set of rails for this sled ?

I guess they can warranty the tunnel? Good for you.

Bottom line .... from what I have read.

Buy it for $6500 put less than 500 to fix it up. Make sure any problems that can be warrantied are warrantied. Ride it for a couple months and sell it in January February for $8000 - $8500.00.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I just talked to my local dealer and I can get a 2009 Dragon RMK 155" for $10,140 minus any rebates. Polaris website says you can get a $250 rebate and free 2nd year engine warranty. So that would put the price at $9890. So many thoughts, not enough cash. LOL I'll probably go drool at them tomorrow.

There's a $650 rebate on leftover '08 models. They have one of them on the showroom floor too, interestingly the price was like $10,500($9,950 after the rebate). I thought WTF....he said it's gotta be a misprint. I would hope so. :) I like the '09 so much better though.

Last edited:

08TNT

Jan 24, 2008
North east, sd
why the f*** would i tell you the dealers name when i myself havent even purchased the sled yet i have to get the cash first. so i tell you the name you give them a call and get the sled and screw me over great idea

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Another thing I bet Polaris has read this as they monitor the forums and seen the warranty post were the dealer is going to put the tunnel under warranty. Maybe insurance yes but warranty??? not so sure about that.

X
Nov 26, 2007
Grand junction
I was talking about the 9 grand for the 163's and $6500 for the ones your talking about, I think you full of sh!t cause word travels fast and i am sure other people know about them and they would be gone in a heart beat or they must be pretty messed up, cause i work at a polaris dealer and if something got broke we fixed it. So ask yourself why you are so special that they would sell you one for $4000 off cuase the tunnel might be bent????????A tunnel doesn't cost 4 grand to fix at a polaris dealer when you get the parts for cost and you pay the mechanic 10 bucks an hour!

08TNT

Jan 24, 2008
North east, sd
his brother in law was wanting one and he knew i was looking for one ive been good friends with him for a while so he's tryn to give me a hell of a deal on one. it's not my fault you dont have a good relation ship with your dealer and he could care less if you get a great deal or not as long as you keep coming back to him whats he have to lose. He is keeping his mouth shut about them until we decide what were going to do none of his other mechanics even know about them just him.
xxx-apex-x if i wanted some stuck up A**hole like u to comment i would have asked for anyones opinion i asked what your paying for them not to listen to you ***** about being ripped off when you bought whatever
the warranty thing i wasnt sure about either but what he hell its still worth it.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
If a sled falls off of the fork lift and requires a tunnel it most likely also suffered more damage. When you add up every little issue like they do for insurance claims especially on a new vehicle it could easily make up that balance.

I"m still waiting for the Dealership name that is offering Dragons at 8600 and 9000. So far two have been on this thread posting that they got that kind of deal. Please post the name were you bought em. I'm sure your dealer would love more business if they are willing to go that low. They helped you now you help them:D

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I too would be interested in getting into an 09 163 for $9k...

Please, if you have the dealers name, would you PM it to me so I can buy one as well and then surprise the shi$ out of all my riding buddies:D

Thanks,
Track~

F-Bomb...make sure to bring some powder coated black BetterBoards to the Denver Snow Show;)

Premium Features