• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Arctic Cat Z570

J
Dec 2, 2012
Hello,
I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right area or not, so moderators, please move if needed.

Looking to get my wife a different sled. We're looking at a 2005 Arctic Cat Z570.

Is there anything I should look for on this sled? I know its fan cooled. She just wants a sled to cruise the trails and fields. No racing, etc.

Is this a good model? We're both sort of new to sledding and I dont know much about this sled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
My wife rode a 570 Cat for a number of years before moving up. My mom still has one, and really likes it. They are a great sled, reliable and warm. Not a ton of power, but no slouch either. I think they make great backup/casual rider sleds.

Check the usual things, driveshaft bearings, compression, suspension bearings.

Snowest is geared much more toward mountain sleds, so this is probably the best section for this question. Arcticchat.com has a large number of people riding trail sleds, who may know more about this particular model.

J
Dec 2, 2012
IDCat..thanks for the reply. That's all she's looking for is a sled to ride trails and have fun with. No speed demon here. I'll check out the other site you told me about.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
One more thing, the 570 and 600 liquid cooled engines have a pretty good history of pistons giving out at about 2500 miles. If the sled has more than 2000 and has never had the pistons replaced I would be for doing it. SPI makes a replacement that has given us good service .

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
check this too

Hello,
I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right area or not, so moderators, please move if needed.

Looking to get my wife a different sled. We're looking at a 2005 Arctic Cat Z570.

Is there anything I should look for on this sled? I know its fan cooled. She just wants a sled to cruise the trails and fields. No racing, etc.

Is this a good model? We're both sort of new to sledding and I dont know much about this sled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Depending where you live look at the F series sleds as well they have a 500 liquid and came in different lengths as far as tracks go. I think the longest was 141 inches. There are tons of options for tracks and are plenty of them around. Check Hardcoresledder.com as well.

Premium Features