• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 sks 700 coolant filling? How do I do it?

J
Nov 22, 2020
Hey guys I bought a 2003 sks 700 Polaris this summer it’s my first sled if I don’t count the ol 85 250 citation. It had no coolant in it and I bought some that a friend recommended but don’t know how to put it in!
Anyone have a similar one who knows how to do it?C37E6561-BAC8-4C9D-9D67-83879BC38078.jpeg

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Lift the front of the sled about 2 feet or more. Slowly add coolant to the coolant bottle. When it is full start the sled with the front end still elevated and let it warm up enough for the coolant to circulate through the running board coolers. Keep a watch on the coolant bottle to make sure it remains full during the warmup.
Nice looking sled by the way.

P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
@retiredpop nailed it

not required but there’s also a 8mm bleeder screw on top of cylinder head to help bleed air while filling coolant bottle before starting sled. Just make sure to tighten before starting sled or will slowly leak onto pipe. As sled is running feel the coolers (along running board rails and very rear of tunnel) make sure everything is heating and doesn’t have a air pocket hiding.

Very nice sled we are running an 03 as well such a ripper on the trail and flats

Premium Features