• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 Powerclaw 153 on 16 SKS 155

Sep 17, 2019
Planning to put a 153 power claw on m SKS 155, came with the 2.25 Peak stock. I already have everything I believe I need but now Im nervous its not going to work after doing some reading. I purchased Avid 7 tooth 3.0 pitch drivers, ANTI-STAB kit, and the track used with 1000 miles on it. Being that my sled was not the 3" from the factory, I am assuming it should have the shorter length rails, rather than the 3" RMK rails. Should this set up bolt right up fine? Anyone have any experience? Just want some confirmation before I start on it. Thanks!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You'll need to cut your stock rails, or buy some from ice age.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Where exactly would I be cutting them? Are you referring to trimming for the anti stab or something different?

You'll need to cut the stock rails to not hit the extrovert drivers you need for the powerclaw. Do a search for a thread CO2.0 posted a while back about doing this swap. He has some good pics and is the guy that got ice age to do the special rails for this specific setup. I did it too using those rails. So I can't tell you exactly how much you need to cut because I didn't do it. But I do know that the stock 2.8 driver rails for a 155 will bump the drivers.

Sep 17, 2019
You'll need to cut the stock rails to not hit the extrovert drivers you need for the powerclaw. Do a search for a thread CO2.0 posted a while back about doing this swap. He has some good pics and is the guy that got ice age to do the special rails for this specific setup. I did it too using those rails. So I can't tell you exactly how much you need to cut because I didn't do it. But I do know that the stock 2.8 driver rails for a 155 will bump the drivers.
Ahh gotcha, yeah avid sent me the instructions on trimming the rail tips to fit the avid drivers. I read CO2.0s thread and it looked like he had the 3” RMK rails, being that I have the shorter 2.6 rails I’m assuming it should fit without custom ice age rails then?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Ahh gotcha, yeah avid sent me the instructions on trimming the rail tips to fit the avid drivers. I read CO2.0s thread and it looked like he had the 3” RMK rails, being that I have the shorter 2.6 rails I’m assuming it should fit without custom ice age rails then?

To be fair, I didn't even try with my stock rails because everyone I talked to said I'd have to cut them. I just ordered the ice age ones. Worst case scenario just bolt it up and check clearance. Messing around with an angle grinder and ordering from ice age is about an equal time commitment in my experience. I've never held the 3.0 and 2.6 polaris stock rails next to one another to spot the differences.

Last edited:
Premium Features