• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 aftermarket steering posts

B
Nov 26, 2007
Check with Bdx. They had one that weighed 2lbs less then stock Yet still Adjusted like the 09's

Hey Mike when are those gona get done. I WANA ORDER 1.

S
Dec 29, 2008
White Salmon, WA
Please tell us what you don't like about the telescopic riser post.... I'm leaning towards jumping ship from doo to cat and was wondering if people liked the adjustable riser height. At the cat store the other day a 09 M8 standard (non limited or sno pro) sled I stood on had WAY too low of riser height. Couldn't believe Cat can sell them that way to mountain riders.

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA
My telescoping post has become progressively more loose with the passing miles. It also bent more easily than I thought it should have when tagged in the telescoped position. We have replaced it with the solid post and are waiting for a 2" riser. I like the feedback of the solid post much better.
I'm 5' 9" and wear a 32" sleeve and need more height than the stock post.
I personally wouldn't get the adjustable post again.

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
850 miles on my third arctic cat crappy adjustable steering post. i need to replace it with a chromoly one or even solid steel i never had this problem with my 06 m7..as for the comment on how can cat put such low bars on thier non sno pros is all about money buy a riser 40 50 bucks 150% profit for cat..i could never understan why would a snowmobile manufacture would put sway bars on a mountain sled... wierd..:beer;

Premium Features