• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Cat 600 stocker high elevation setup

S
Dec 4, 2007
Does anyone ride an 08 Cat 600 stocker at high elevations?

I have mine setup for sea level... but will be heading west to about 8000-9000 feet in a few weeks.

Any tips would be awesome...
thanks!

P
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Geneva WI
Email Jeremy: tech@speedwerx.com

he will get you straigtened out, remember these motors, MOST of all the 2008 motor was meant to run on a 50/50 mix, since the 08 had a pretty decent compression ratio!!! It makes no sense to due tune a high performance motor. It defeats the purpose... But do what you have to do.

S
Dec 4, 2007
Email Jeremy: tech@speedwerx.com

he will get you straigtened out, remember these motors, MOST of all the 2008 motor was meant to run on a 50/50 mix, since the 08 had a pretty decent compression ratio!!! It makes no sense to due tune a high performance motor. It defeats the purpose... But do what you have to do.

I tried him already and he pointed me towards the same tech documentation. He mentioned all I need to do is turn the timing back and jet up a few sizes... I was just hoping to find someone with an exact setup I can use as a starting point.

In a perfect world i'd run 50/50 all the time... but when in the boondocks having a barrel of race gas strapped to your back isn't very feasible. A lot of guys run the 08's on pure pump with success... i'm just trying to find someone with the data for high elevation.

S
Dec 4, 2007
Well I guess since no one has an exact setup for me to copy... i'll just be dropping a few grams on my weights and dropping to about 400 mains.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Premium Features