• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 800r XP Adrenaline Stock clutching, 1500 miles

I ride trail, i noticed a ratcheting sound 4 rides ago once per ride. I thought it was ice under the tunnel cause once i got going it went away and didn't happen again. Well this weekend i heard it again,, but every stop sign i heard it consistantly,, then going up a inclided hill i heard the motor boggy like it was under load,, first thing i though of was clutch... Stopped and inspected, secondary clutch was stuck open 3/8" ... rotated it , no rattle,, i did notice spring was under load but minimal enough that when i flinged it w/ screwdriver it made a tone sound.
I then cranked up and down the trail ,, then opened it back up,,, same,,,.. (The ratchet sound was the belt trying to bite with all that slack cause secondary open a bit).

So we decided to head back to truck to trailer the XP,, we were 20 miles into the ride,, as we were heading back the ratcheting stopped at the stop signs and that meant the secondary closed. It ran fine all the way back. Inspected on trailer and secondary closed and i touched spring w/ screw driver and it was hard and loaded good.

Went to sled shop all were too booked. I decided,, run it !!!

We dropped back in and went another 80 miles,, never stuck again....

What do you think ?

Rollers? Rollers shattered and it ran the 80 miles on the pins against the helix ?

Update: I am able to view in the helix grooves,, i only see the pins in there, no roller....

So obviously i need the high torque rollers: I see there are two types, high, and super high..... Which ones for stock sled ?

While i have it appart,, with stock everything,, should i get a new stock spring or get a different spring ?

Premium Features