• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m8 troubles

G
Nov 30, 2007
so a couple weeks ago I tumbled my sled.. mostly hood damage.. as i was repairing it i noticed the back of the headlights were trashed so I did away with them. Im under the impression that there is no need for a resistor on an 07 or new m series.. I ran it the next week with no problems at all! then it bog a weird bog so I looked down at the tach and it was working. I got it back to the trail and home and still cant figure out what is wrong. It idles fine but cuts out intermittenedly anytime it isnt idling. reverse doesnt work either! I want to ride saturday for prolly the last ride of the season but this has got me baffled!:mad: any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
M-80:beer;

G
Nov 30, 2007
no it has got to be something electrical.. it all started when the gauge died.. it seemed like a power valve but i when trough all that and all of it is good. i got a timbersled intake on it but I pulled all that off inspecting it after the roll

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
un reversable ?

Check for old threads on this, If I recall others with the same symptoms discovered electrical problems, and most likely a short, intermittient short because when there's no juice for reverse, there's not enough to operate the rest of the system either.

Start looking for wiring issues.

G
Nov 30, 2007
been lookin and everything looks good.. Im readt to yank the whole harness out! is there anyway to throw a test light or DVOM on any of it to test?

G
Nov 30, 2007
I was thinkin the same thing but I have a buddy that has an 07 and he ran all season with the headlights disconnected with no problems yet.. I go two rides with no flaws and now there is a problem..

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
did you add any heat protection to the speedo or the wiring that comes to it up the hood when you gutted your intake??? have seen a couple with the wiring melted going to the speedo, heat protection needs to be added...

Premium Features