• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M1000 ???

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
Dealership pulled codes today and found that the exhaust temp sensor failed 255 times, the intake temp sensor failed two times, injector system failed five times, & the power valves failed once. I think that the ECU is bad. Any suggestions. The symptoms are; after warm up the sled cuts out at full throttle. Let it cool off for ten or fifteen minutes & it runs great again until it warms up again.

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
They keep giving me the run around. I think they're waiting for me to run out of warranty before they replace any parts.

J
Dec 1, 2007
Lake Roosevelt Wa.
TNA1000

Did you ever find a fix for this problem? My sled is doing the same thing. I did find a rubbed wire going to the servo motor. Haven't had a chance to test it yet to see if this was the problem, hopefully tomarrow. Had this sled to 3 different dealers and they couldn't find a rubbed wire but I can.

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
TNA1000

Did you ever find a fix for this problem? My sled is doing the same thing. I did find a rubbed wire going to the servo motor. Haven't had a chance to test it yet to see if this was the problem, hopefully tomarrow. Had this sled to 3 different dealers and they couldn't find a rubbed wire but I can.

Haven't found the problem. Dealership sucks. I think they're afraid to change any parts. Hope the wire to the servo motor was the fix. Let me know.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
TNA1000

Where was the wire rubbed through? I'll check mine as preventive maintainence.

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
my wires were allmost cut through right where the wires come out of the servo.

J
Dec 1, 2007
Lake Roosevelt Wa.
The wires that were rubbed were very close to the plug where the servo motor plugs in to. It was the orange one that had a small rub spot on it. Did test it today and the sled runs awesome again. So now the fight begins to get a wiring harness from the dealer.

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
The wires that were rubbed were very close to the plug where the servo motor plugs in to. It was the orange one that had a small rub spot on it. Did test it today and the sled runs awesome again. So now the fight begins to get a wiring harness from the dealer.

Sweeeeeeeet!!! I'll have to check mine out a little closer. Thanks

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
I found two wires rubbed through at the servo. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know if it was the problem.

E
Jan 26, 2008
Leduc
You can run your sled with the EGT codes. It will run a little rich other than that your ok.
As for the ECU cutting out take it out of your machine and take it in the house and let it warm up and tip it up with the tube hanging down and see if there is any water come out. My dealer was telling me they are starting to see an issue with snow getting in side the ECU and in the tube that goes inside the box.

hilpulr

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Corvallis MT
M1000

I just bought an 07 M1000 ran it for 2 days for break in with oil in the gas and now it is flashing the wrench codes at me. It seems to run right but has me a little nervous.

S
Nov 30, 2007
The Last Frontier
Check your voltage regulator and or volt outputs. We have seen lots of symptoms like these with melted ECU's. Too much juice cooks the gel on chipset. Short runs it will run all season, as soon as it gets heat soaked its done, all kinds of codes and ghost like symptoms. No pod or hood/headlights to draw causes excess juice too. Possibility

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado

no go. still runs like s#$t when it warms up.

Premium Features