• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m1000 bogging

sarpy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
SE Montana
Thanks to all the help on my last post, I found the broken power valve cable and fixed that problem. Unfortunately, that wasn't all of the problem. I'm still having a bog issue in two parts, 1 - when I start the sled hot, it won't come out of an idle and go. If I wait several seconds for the tachometer and console lights to start working, it will work fine, but it idles so slow and irraticly, that it almost dies. My concern is, that the delay is getting longer all the time. Something is confused with the electrical system, and won't let it think fast enough.

The second bog issue is just a general bog that act just like a carberatur. When I'm wide open for a certain amount of time, then let off and get back on the throttle, it will bog out big time and almost die. I can only get out of this bog by milking the throttle very slightly. Needless to say, this really sucks for tree riding, when you need to turn quickly, and anticipate turns in advance. It gets me stuck a lot.

Anybody have any ideas?

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
Need more info!!! 07 M1000 with 08 reflash I would bet. I have same sled with reflash. There have been a ton of threads on here with this issue. My sled does the same exact thing. You described my sled to the "T". I am an average rider with average ability and this thing about got me killed twice last trip to the mountains. The guys I ride with have asked me to please not take sled on another trip due to almost going off mountain.

I am 185 and 5'8 so when I commit to sidehill you have to have throttle and track speed. My brother has damage to his sled due to driving into mine to keep it from going down the mountain into the trees. I would commit to side hill or shoot a gap which is common practice and for no rime or reason the sled would bog. It would then lawn dart me over the handle bars. I have no idea what the pro or extreme riders are doing because they are traveling at 10 times the speed and the terrain is 10 times more dangerous.

If you are keeping the sled I would get 09 updates or have a good dealer like racin station tune it for you.

sarpy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
SE Montana
Thanks for the ideas. hey needspeed, where are the cables supposed to be adjusted? No mods, just factory with a lightweight can. Hey Big Red, are you talking about possible a fuel line kink or a wiring kink?

Thanks for the input.

That brings me to another unrelated (I think) problem. With the tone of the silencer, it's easy to tell when the power valves open and close. One time out of ten, on a sidehill or climb, they won't open. If I let off the throttle, and start over, they will open. Is there a throttle position sensor in there somewhere?

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
Thanks for the ideas. hey needspeed, where are the cables supposed to be adjusted? No mods, just factory with a lightweight can. Hey Big Red, are you talking about possible a fuel line kink or a wiring kink?

Thanks for the input.

That brings me to another unrelated (I think) problem. With the tone of the silencer, it's easy to tell when the power valves open and close. One time out of ten, on a sidehill or climb, they won't open. If I let off the throttle, and start over, they will open. Is there a throttle position sensor in there somewhere?
the cables are to be adjusted to35.0mm, follow the cables down to where it goes into a clear box, the line big red is talking about is the clear hose coming out of the ecu, which is the brain of the efi system

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho

Thanks for the input.

the cables are to be adjusted to35.0mm, follow the cables down to where it goes into a clear box, the line big red is talking about is the clear hose coming out of the ecu, which is the brain of the efi system, you might want to clean the exhaust valves too, brake cleaner and some steel wool works good

Premium Features