• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 m7 reeds?

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
What are the signs and symptoms of reeds going bad. Todays ride went all to sh!t all of a sudden. Big time mysterious bog that made the bottom end gutless. I can tell you I have decent experience with clutching on these m's and can master tuner with the pure logic box. I am positive that it is neither of these that are the issue. All my engine mounts are good. The timbersled intake is perfect and not plugged. The last thing I can think of before I start stripping it down is maybe reeds? The sled ran good most of the day till the end, was climbing everthing very strong!! Any suggestions fellas?
SLEDIOT.............

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
definatly worth checking out big guy. also check some basics like fuel pressure. fuel for water. possible water injestion, cracked intake boots, ethanol fuel map wire disconnected/activated(if equiped, i know the m6's had it not sure about the 7). i wont be at work next week so i figure i may give you some ideas now. hope you find the bug.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
barometric tube filled with snow.....and yea ..^^^^^..plug..??..anyway one other fella recently posted same problem...air box foam chunk in reed..

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
barometric tube filled with snow.....and yea ..^^^^^..plug..??..anyway one other fella recently posted same problem...air box foam chunk in reed..

Checked the tube for snow/water. Even did a lil suckle on it to makew sure. No foam to get caught in there, running Timbersled intake. Thanks for the input fellas. Suzzy Q will be checking some of the stuff you mntioned. I checked all conections to make sure I was getting everything. Twice today I also had a hard time getting it started. Kinda whats leading me to believe it might be a reed issue. Cant strip it down till tommorrow nite.Any other ideas fellas?

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I cannot really think those things that Suzzy-Q mentioned would just affect the bottom end and not the mid and top. I tend to think your idea might be closer with the reeds where more flow would be less affected. Might possibly be a fuel pump going where at low voltage it isn't puting out pressure like it should and when higher voltage (with higher rpm) is thrown at it, it is still responding. How full was the fuel tank?

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I cannot really think those things that Suzzy-Q mentioned would just affect the bottom end and not the mid and top. I tend to think your idea might be closer with the reeds where more flow would be less affected. Might possibly be a fuel pump going where at low voltage it isn't puting out pressure like it should and when higher voltage (with higher rpm) is thrown at it, it is still responding. How full was the fuel tank?

Hey good 1 I never thought of that. Issue was intermitant and then started to get worse. Tank was 1/4 by end of ride. I wonder how easy is to check if yer fuel pump is headin for the grave? If this is the case that Biatch is getting parked for the season and Ill have to play with the new m1000.........

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
Slediot i lost a reed peddle on my ol' ski-doo this year and it ran like crap. Hard starting and would only run about 6500 rpm. If i wouyld be at an idle and nail it it would run to 8000 rpm and than immediately drip to 6500 and it sounded like it had a fouled plug. Just some experience for ya

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Slediot i lost a reed peddle on my ol' ski-doo this year and it ran like crap. Hard starting and would only run about 6500 rpm. If i wouyld be at an idle and nail it it would run to 8000 rpm and than immediately drip to 6500 and it sounded like it had a fouled plug. Just some experience for ya

Only dif for me is I cant just hammere it and get to my top end rpm. Causes quite and issue and ended up stuck alot in a few sticky places where I needed the grunt in the deeper pow. Wass even looking over about a 6' drop and wanted to launch off but I couldnt trust the sled to justify trying it. Ill get er stripped down tonight and C. Thanks fellas..........

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Just got her all stripped down and yes the reeds are shot. Good guess on my part. 3 out of 4 reeds on both sides and sets are barley touching the cages. 1 peddle had a whole in it and 7 of the 16 had the tips broke off. I ould say that some of my bogging issues in the last year and a half were prob from this as it didnt just happen over nite. Ive got a set of V-force 3's that will be here tommorrow. I would say this would answer alot of bogging issues for anybody with a m-series with over 2500 miles!!

Premium Features