• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 Racin Station M7/8 question

A
Nov 26, 2007
St.Maries,ID
Hey I got my new cylinders and spacer plate back from racin station. I got it put together with new pistons,wrist pins and bearings, new base gaskets. Now when I go to give it full throttle it is like it drops a cylinder and runs about 7200 RPM. Now I checked the fuel pressure it was right at 43. I checked spark, and it doesnt lose spark.I checked the compression and it was right at 150 PSI in both cylinders. I have Supreme Tool power valves so I swapped them around to see if I had a bad one and I wasn't that. I changed throttle bodies thinking I had an injector problem. On my EGT's my PTO cylinder reads fine till it reaches about 7800 which is when it starts dropping that cylinder and the temp starts to drop fast. It will drop to 200 degrees if you hold it wide open. I checked the tail light wiring harness, all looked good. I disconnected my boondocker box and the same thing happens. I checked the reeds and they look great. I pulled all the weights out of my clutch and it made no difference. I checked the primary spring and it was ok. I dont know what to try next. any new ideas would be great, I'm sure I'm missing something simple I just don't know what.
Alex

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
St.Maries,ID
The stator tested ok, but I guess that doesn't for sure mean it is good. It runs perfect to 3/4 throttle. it will turn 8000 at 3/4 throttle and when you go the last 1/4 throttle the PTO side temp just starts dropping to like 300 while the MAG side starts climbing while the RPM drops to 68-72.
Alex

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Alex, did you try the stock powervalves. It sure sounds like a valve issue to me. PM me or post what you find out.

A
Nov 26, 2007
St.Maries,ID
I've checked all the grounds numerous times. I'm with Eric in that I think it is a power valve issue. I don't have the stuff to put them back to stock. I'm looking for a M7 to rob the stuff off to give it a try though. Hey Eric, should i have to adjust my boondocker numbers for the arctic cat pistons in place of the wiescos?
Alex

Premium Features