• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7 won't reach wide open

C
Feb 15, 2009
When ever i open it up all the way it will only grab like 7200. It sounds like it is not getting enough gas, but it runs clean up to that rpm. Could it be the injectors or the fuel pump? I hate working on EFI's.

Last edited:
S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
check the easy things first look at the clear tube coming out of the contol box, make sure it is clear and is not blocked by water drops insid of it or routed to a spot allowing steam or exhaust gases in it.

spomey

J
Dec 24, 2007
mine did exact same thing, turned out being my bdx blackbox was letting snow in and freezing, had a half inch of ice in the bottom of my air box, is yours stock?

C
Feb 15, 2009
I did just clean my power valves, and I have a stock air box. I went out and ripped it last night and when I got back one of my plugs was white so I don't think I am getting enough fuel top end. could this be my fuel pump or injectors? I just got a can for it and I've heard that it could be the problem, is this true? Thanks for the input and keep it coming.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
m7 no rpm

If this is a situation that just cropped up or has been creeping up on you, the most likely culprit is your clutch's, bad roller or rollers in your primary, dirty clutch's, bad belt, combination of 3 or 4 issue.

However a white spark plug? you better get to the bottom of that. If engine other wise run's great, but no rev's, you'll find it in your clutch's

Y

y0han

Dec 10, 2007
Boliden, Sweden
...I just got a can for it and I've heard that it could be the problem, is this true? Thanks for the input and keep it coming.

Mine ran like crap with aftermarket can...plugs looked good though.
I'm not sure that this is true for every sled/can, but i'd give the stock can a try if i were you.

C
Jan 23, 2009
hibbing mn
my 06 m7 ran just like that some times it would clear out some times it wouldnt. I shortend my exh valve cables to 28mm and has ran perfect for 150 miles. we did the same thing to my brothers 06 m7 he said it hasent ran that good since it was new

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
instead of just hitting WOT, roll into it really slowly and see if it clears up on top end!

Premium Features