• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 m7 eating antifreeze

Jun 22, 2008
idaho
i fill it before ride and at hte end the bottle is empty or with a full bottle sitting at a idle its pissing coolant out hte overflow tube any suggestions

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Thats normal if its too full it will come out of the overflow. Check all ur clamps its prob leakin somewheres. Check at the rear of the tunnel, cracked cooler? Blown head gasket?

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
my M8 done the same thing after I changed the head and turned out I pinched a head gaskets. One on each side. The head gaskets are an o-ring type gasket.

I would sure check this first.

Another thing is that I done was stuck a compresson gauge on each cylinder to check compression and it showed good but I decided to pull the head any ways. Glad i did

S

Sled365

Mar 14, 2008
The one and Only G-Town,Wy
Thats normal if its too full it will come out of the overflow. Check all ur clamps its prob leakin somewheres. Check at the rear of the tunnel, cracked cooler? Blown head gasket?

I would say head gasket as well ,it sounds like it is pressurizing the cooling system with exhaust pressure pushing out your coolant ,I just had the same problem on my 900

like sledhead said if u fill it it will come out the over flow. like diirtbag said i would check the head gasket it could be that but hope for just over flowing.:D

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
if its just coming out the overflow could be as simple as the cap not sealing right. ive seen this on a few sleds, the top of the bottle get out of shape and dont seal well. one thing ive done to help is bend the little tabs on the cap in just a bit to hold on to the bottle better. if it aint that and you aint overfilling it and its pressurizing the system then i would check the o-rings in the head.

Premium Features