• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 mountain cat 900 efi problems.

B

brendoski

Aug 24, 2011
hello everyone I am looking for a little advice. I have a mountain cat 900 EFI on the last ride out it started giving me some problems just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. got up to the spot and warmed the sled up for fifteen minutes or so and started up the trail about 100 feet from the truck it completely died no engine codes or anything just died. I thought I might have cold seized it so I turned the clutch a couple times everything felt fine started it and it ran just fine on both cylinders. about 10 minutes down the trail it started cutting out around 5k would idle just fine but I could only move a foot or so before it stumbled. unfortunately i looked down to late but the engine light was flashing I was not able to count how many times so i shut it off for 5-10 minutes looked a couple things over engine felt fine as far as overheating goes started it up and rode 2-3 more hours and got all the way back to the truck with no problem's? just want to get this handled before I get stranded any advice is really appreciated!!

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I had an 02 800EFI, I had stator and fuel pump fail. Could be one or the other acting up before they fail. On mine I believe you had to see the code flash on the CPU but I am not 100 percent sure on that. I did have the temp light come on right before I put in limp mode when I had an air pocket in the cooling system. Other than that I never seen a code flash but then again I never looked. I believe if you got a code it has to come from a sensor either the water temp, barometric sensor in air box,TPS. One thing I did notice on mine was the injector connectors both had exposed wires where they bend into the connector, could possibly have a short in an injector. Could also be a plug wire that is shorting, you can screw cap off and re-cut and screw back on. Not sure I have helped I just spent 1 month on an M7 until I found the problem..

Premium Features