• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04' Edge RMK w/ broken crank

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
04' Edge RMK Part Out

Time to part out the old mod. 2004 Vertical Edge RMK 800. Chassis had around 4500 miles. Not much was left stock. All prices are make offers, I'm ready to toss these parts so if you're willing to pay shipping plus something to make it worth my time to drive to the post office they're yours. If it's not listed I don't have it.

PM's on here or call me @ 612-306-1141, name is Mitch. Located in Laramie, WY. Paypal, money order, or cash. OR free local pickup

-Cylinders are good cores, but should be replated before being run.

-Case has been drilled for premix but needs to be line-honed.

-Two core cranks, one is snapped at the PTO rod pin and the other is way out of true and gummed flywheel thread.

-Temp sensor.

-Waterpump/magneto housing, two Kevlar belts included (one used one new) and one used stock belt.

-Stator

-Coil (new March of 2012)

-Recoil assembly/housing(with Phantom rope installed)

-Motor mounts (all four)

-2cool Side vents (for Edge) and a MoFlow shock tower vent (from M-series Cat).

-PowerMadd Bar Riser, 4" non-pivoting,

-Steering post. Beefed up w/ 3/8" plate after snapping the top off, has given me no issues since.

-SLP race twins, with springs, grafoil seals, flanges and a modified muffler. spring loops on the flanges are getting thin, can be fixed with a welder. I don't have the stinger mufflers any longer, but modified an SLP single to work. Its less ear piercing and runs great, downside is it hits the hood on occasion & can cause some melting. PTO pipe has a dent from previous owner not trimming the shock tower.

-Front stock cooler.

-Trailing Arms. Red, no stickers, non-Vertical Escape. Left arm has a slight arc in it.

-Radius Rods w/ rod ends. Trimmed 0.5" on each end. One lower is a little tweaked but works fine.

-Tie Rods. Stock. Not bent, include rod ends.

-Chain case. Bearings & seals replaced in 2011, brake cylinder included. It is the "phantom" style brake setup. Drain plug switched over to a regular bolt (won't strip so easily).

-39T gear for chaincase and the stock chain (for 19-39 gearing).

-Jackshaft. Stock, currently the bearing is shimmed out for my D&R setup, but bearing should probably be replaced. Always greased but it has ~4500 miles.

-Oil Tank.

-Reeds, stock, no broken pedals.

-P-85 primary clutch. Has 4000 miles total, was fully rebuilt/balanced by IndyDan @ 2000 miles but is sloppy again, needs a full rebuild.

-Clutch weights. 10-58 all 3 ground to match one another exactly by weight.

-Clutch springs.
Primary: Two Team bright green each with ~1000miles.
Black/Purple secondary springs 1000miles. Also have a Polaris spring: 7043430 72.7. 1000mile

-Fuel Pump

-Spindles.

-080 clutch belts (used). One in good shape (500 miles), two that are fine for spares, & one Carlisle Ultimax equivalent.

-Front bumper, black.

Make an offer, I don't want these parts! If you're able to pick them up in Laramie, they're free. I sold off all the highly desirable parts already and am now just stuck with the parts that (it seems) nobody wants. So take them off my hands before they end up in a landfill.

Last edited:

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
To the top for a great guy, just got my parts today, super happy with everything. 9 days from when I bought them till they were in my hand and I know they spent the weekend sitting at the post office so really only 6 days. You can't go wrong buying from goinboardin guys, so if your thinking about something he's got, go for it, you won't be sorry.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Shelby, I will be on a new sled this season (probably an XM but maybe I'll change my mind yet). Looking forward to ripping around again! Thanks again for the tow out last season:beer;

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, glad you're happy with the purchases.

I'm adding some photos: trailing arms, headlight delete vent, Team secondary (TSS98 w/ 64-40-36ER & 60-38-36ER black/purple spring), chaincase, and exhaust (the muffler does work fine, I know it looks like hell but I'm a chemist not a real fabricator).

20130912_174154.jpg 20130912_174940.jpg 20130912_174254.jpg 20130912_175004.jpg 20130912_180528.jpg 20130912_173804.jpg 20130912_173950.jpg 20130912_173821.jpg

Last edited:

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
I'm interested in quite a few parts, and I have a couple questions. Were you able to run the SLP recomended jetting and clutching with these pipes after modifying the single pipe can? How much of the sled is still together?

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
The sled is completely apart now. I'm planning on scrapping the chassis itself for aluminum, it has ~4500miles and I figured no one would want to start an edge project from the ground up with it.

I ran 10-58 weights with a Polaris almond primary spring. In the driven: 64-40-36ER with Team black/purple spring. 19-43 gearing, 7T 3.0" drivers. 174x16x2.5 track. It ran really well the day before the crank snapped in half. If I dumped some AV gas in I could have bumped up the ignition timing and probably pulled 10-60s. 320mains all last year, SLP recommended needles. I ran 10-60 weights with the stingers but it never got over 8000rpm where with the 10-58s and modded can it tacked right to 8300rpm. The stingers didn't have any glass left in them, so they were probably not working right anyway (I did cut them open and repack in 2011 but it blew all the glass out within 500miles, PITA and loud). I don't recall what the SLP charts called for. I started with what their charts called for but after that I tuned by wash & plugs for jetting and RPM & backshift for clutching. That 174" was heavy.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
I'm interested in parts for my 04 700... Mainly the pipes, the gas tank, coolant overflow bottle, handle bars, and the hood.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Updated List

2004 Vertical Edge RMK 800. Chassis had around 4500 miles. Not much was left stock. All prices are make offers, I'm ready to toss these parts so if you're willing to pay shipping plus something to make it worth my time to drive to the post office they're yours. If it's not listed I don't have it.

PM's on here or call me @ 612-306-1141, name is Mitch. Located in Laramie, WY. Paypal, money order, or cash. OR free local pickup

-One ported cylinder w/ new nic' and one non-ported with chipped skirt (the good cores sold)

-Case has been drilled for premix but needs to be line-honed.

-Two core cranks, one is snapped at the PTO rod pin and the other is way out of true and gummed flywheel thread.

-Temp sensor.

-Waterpump/magneto housing, two Kevlar belts included (one used one new) and one used stock belt.

-Stator

-Coil (new March of 2012)

-PowerMadd Bar Riser, 4" non-pivoting,

-Steering post. Beefed up w/ 3/8" plate after snapping the top off, has given me no issues since.

-SLP race twins, with springs, grafoil seals, flanges and a modified muffler. spring loops on the flanges are getting thin, can be fixed with a welder. I don't have the stinger mufflers any longer, but modified an SLP single to work. Its less ear piercing and runs great, downside is it hits the hood on occasion & can cause some melting. PTO pipe has a dent from previous owner not trimming the shock tower.

-Front stock cooler.

-Trailing Arms with spindles. Red, no stickers, non-Vertical Escape. Left arm has a slight arc in it.

-Radius Rods w/ rod ends. Trimmed 0.5" on each end. One lower is a little tweaked but works fine.

-Tie Rods. Stock. Not bent, include rod ends.

-Reeds, stock, no broken pedals.

-Fuel Pump

Make an offer, I don't want these parts! If you're able to pick them up in Laramie, they're free. I sold off all the highly desirable parts already and am now just stuck with the parts that (it seems) nobody wants. So take them off my hands before they end up in a landfill.

Last edited:
Premium Features