• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 1M 800 efi 159....mods?

N
Aug 21, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
In the process of getting an 04 1M 800 efi 159 project & want to know what low budget mods are the best bang for the buck? Plan on doing the steering post forward deal & inner wheel kit-outer delete & possibly the m8-m1 recoil upgrade. What do these do for the sled as a whole? My riding consists of mostly carving, sidehilling, & tree boondocking. I have no plans whatsoever of investing 10-12 thousand on a new sled, think its insanity personally. So old school big block natural aspirated is where my focus & budget lands me. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being back on the hills after a 2-3 yr void.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
There's a whole thread of people's favorite mods here:
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163625

Many mention the forward post as one. I've ridden one with it, and didn't like the way it made the sled feel. However, my dad and I have since built a sled with a u-jointed post, and I like that one much better.

various big bore kits are also mentioned, as well as track swaps. Either a Powerclaw, or Challenger Extreme are the popular choices.

Premium Features