• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 800 Won't Start

C
Mar 13, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
This is a backup sled we put away last year running fine, with stabilizer. Now can't get it to start. It'll run with a squirt of ether but after that nothing. I tried taking the fuel line off the rail and getting some sea foam in there thinking the injectors are gummed up but that didn't seem to work. The heads on the screws on the rail that holds the injectors on are stripped so thats where I stopped. The fuel pump seems to be working as fuel is circulating when it fires on ether. Changed the plugs too. Assuming I can get the stripped scerews out and the injectors off is there an easy way to clean them, see if they are working properly? What else to try?

I have another pump from a spare tank I have that I can swap but didn't wanna mess with that until last resort.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
You can take a 9volt battery and run current to them, they will hum or vibrate as soon as you put current to them. Do you have spark? I had an 02 800 efi, I replaced the stator,tps and fuel pump in the 9 years I owned it. TPS and Stator had similar running symptoms. The injectors wires do tend to crack over time, maybe one has shorted out. They will crack right at the connector.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Another, your smart valves in the tank can collapse. You just have to remove the pump and inspect them. I would just remove the or undo the snap and pull on the tension spring so they will un-collapse so to speak.

Premium Features