• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 RMK Temp Light/ Dummy Mode

F
Hi, I had recently took out my 02' RMK 800 for the second ride of the season after having its annual. About 1 mile into the ride it went into "dummy mode," Throttle cut out, temp light on. Coolant level seemed normal, plenty of mositure on the hifax. Took it to a friends house, piston compression good, spark plugs good, no real abnormalities observed. Tried to "burp," it coolant went through, took it out around the property and still had the same issue. Tried to "burp," it again, tested the thermostat, and all seems normal as of so far. Are we just missing the obvious that it wasn;t burped properly, or something deeper? I had the water pump belt replaced during the annual as well.... Thanks in advance.

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
replace the temp sensor, they are known to just go bad. mine did that last year. simple fix. also inspect the wires for the temp sensor, maybe a rub through? but i'd put my money on bad sensor.

Premium Features