• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Polaris Rmk 800 Cut outs at low speed , Doesnt lose power at dash

K
Jan 16, 2022
michigan
Took this out for a rip today for the first time, Starts up and idles great , Went to take off and unit felt like it would cut out and all of sudden kick back on . Would keep on doing this for the most part at slow speeds. The thing would rip once you ge into it but as soon as you drop the speed and try to cruise it starts acting up. It does throw a code but then goes away immediately once the throttle kicks back on. I know the tps is set correctly. I just checked the voltage at the dc power plug and getting 13.5 to 14.3v . The headlight will dim when throttle is applied . I noticed my power light on my shield would dim with throttle is applied. All the grounds seem good and tight. the key switch sometimes wouldnt shut the machine off had to use the added on kill switch previous owner put on. Im gonna go out and test a few more things but ive been searching for this same issue and noticed it happens more then i though but were on different sleds.

Any feedback would be much appreciated . this was my trial run before my long trip in 2 weeks and wanna be good to go then.

D
Nov 17, 2008
The fact you are having trouble with the switch shutting down the machine sometimes I would look at replacing the key switch. If it has some problems it could and most likely has other problems developing !! Probably got water in it over the years causing poor connections.

K
Jan 16, 2022
michigan
The fact you are having trouble with the switch shutting down the machine sometimes I would look at replacing the key switch. If it has some problems it could and most likely has other problems developing !! Probably got water in it over the years causing poor connections.
i got one on order right now . my left heated grip was weak so i just replaced that one. Got a new AC regulator coming since headlights are flickering. i just went out and ohmed out the stator. got 0.0 ohms book is .12 (lighting) , got 0.4 ohms book is .72 ohms.(system) got. 0.0ohm book is .2 ohm (chassis) i know its 15% differnece plus or minus. capacitor is good , holding 12volts. pulled my ignition switch and cant find it to check outputs of stator ac voltage . I know DC is charging corrrectly.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Took this out for a rip today for the first time, Starts up and idles great , Went to take off and unit felt like it would cut out and all of sudden kick back on . Would keep on doing this for the most part at slow speeds. The thing would rip once you ge into it but as soon as you drop the speed and try to cruise it starts acting up. It does throw a code but then goes away immediately once the throttle kicks back on. I know the tps is set correctly. I just checked the voltage at the dc power plug and getting 13.5 to 14.3v . The headlight will dim when throttle is applied . I noticed my power light on my shield would dim with throttle is applied. All the grounds seem good and tight. the key switch sometimes wouldnt shut the machine off had to use the added on kill switch previous owner put on. Im gonna go out and test a few more things but ive been searching for this same issue and noticed it happens more then i though but were on different sleds.

Any feedback would be much appreciated . this was my trial run before my long trip in 2 weeks and wanna be good to go then.

Check your throttle cable adjustment, can cause the trouble you describe.

Premium Features