• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 1m turbo? Big bore?

D
Jan 12, 2020
Doing a bunch of crazy modifications to my 2002 cat 1M 800 EFI. Going to be modifying the entire chassis to put an alpha one rail/skid on it and I am looking to get any info on potentially turboing the engine if there’s any kits available or if anyone has info on what would work for me, I don’t know much about it but from what I’ve researched I would be looking to go be oil cooled route because I would be adding a battery to my sled to run a few other things so it would be able to run the oil pump. Second option would be a big boy but I don’t know much about but would be down to do with turbo is not an option. If anyone has any info about this would be much appreciated.

J
Mar 8, 2019
Why don’t you save yourself time, frustration and money and take your sled and the 3k+ you’re gonna spend on turbo, alpha rail, shocks, track and god only knows what else. Go buy a 2016 cat you’ll be much happier and no down time. I respect the desire to build something but some of your questions make me think you might be in over your head. Don’t take this the wrong way but there’s crazy ideas (The axys with the alpha rail) and bad ideas this here is a bad idea.

D
Jan 12, 2020
I know it’s easy for people to go say just go buy a new when a new one like what I’m trying to do would be like $10,000 what a ridiculous thing to say, the alpha kit alone is 3k with no shocks! What a joke no I’m not over my head is just a few things I’m not sure if I’m 100% on the information I kno. I have a yard full of Harley cat sleds and have no problem throwing money into a fun project like this I don’t see it being a waste of money nor do I see myself spending $3000 what a ridiculous amount to say I have almost everything I need for the alpha skid at under $1000, Which one of my questions makes you think that I’m in over my head?

Sep 19, 2010
b.c.
If u really want power put a triple base 1000 cat or even better 4 stroke 1100 turbo . That would be fun . The whole alpha thing is a waste of time and money just get a 174 3 inch and 300hp and hold on. Good luck .

J
Mar 8, 2019
The track alone is 1300-1500 the rail is 500 and like I said god only knows what else but hey if you got it all besides some zip ties and duct tape to finish it off carry on.

D
Jan 12, 2020
LOL wow you guys make me want to delete this post what a bunch of stupid answers, I don’t know where you’re getting your prices and parts from but you are getting ripped the **** off move along buddy only looking for actual answers not someone’s bullshit opinion

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Crank end on that sled is the small PTO end. No bueno. You’ll want to upgrade to the 33mm end. After that it’s all on you. Let’s get some build pics going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features