• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

was bored the last 3 days

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Had a little time the last couple days so figured id put a sled together for the wife! Parted the turbo out, but just have a hard time getting away from this chassis/motor! Plus I have a whole PILE of parts for these things in the shop so this is what I ended up with, nothing much...

Vanamburg hillclimb 1"+ tunnel on a ZR bulkhead, custom D&R, composite chaincase from the SS600's (about 2.5 lb savings) Rifle drilled shafts, 10t whal combo drivers, KMOD rear, stock front MC susp (gunna paint the springs) boss seat, fiberglass hood, 900, SLP ceramic coated twins, VF3's, ya know the norm!

newkittykat.jpg

cell phone pic, get some better ones later. Wife wants pink springs, and flames on the hood, could look OK I guess. Let me know whatcha guys think!

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
looks sweet!
let her pick her colors!! and make it all about her!
the spring have them p coated.
get her a taller seat and a forward mount post
beside it "is all about her". or just get her a turbo 900:eek::face-icon-small-hap:rose:

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Matty, Looks like a factory rebuild? Is that a 151" track? Can't see where the K-Mod mounts in the raised back section. Paint the front suspension Titanium w/ the pinky shocks!

Mike

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
heres some updated pix of the sled! yep... pink springs!!! ARCTIC FX all the way! The wife loves it!!! Shes got her new toy for the winters to come now!

campershell004.jpg

campershell005.jpg

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Looks nice, does she like the stock parabolic skis? I know my wife doesn't.

Put the woody's dooley carbides on them and they handle like a dream! I even run them on my wife M7 (by her request) after riding my kk with them on. even side hill like a dream (Owen this is a hint)

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Put the woody's dooley carbides on them and they handle like a dream! I even run them on my wife M7 (by her request) after riding my kk with them on. even side hill like a dream (Owen this is a hint)

I'll have to look into that. I never minded them on my sled, but we fell into a bunch of Simmons skis last year, so those are on a bunch of the sleds. Didn't notice a lot of difference on sidehilling, but much nicer on the trail. (I know, who spends time on the trail....)

I agree though, a lot of people seem to dislike the stock skis, and I never had a problem with them. Sounds like different carbides make them even better.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I ran the turbo sled with C&A pros, I like the stockers over em 10 x's better!

The powderpros have been my ski of choice for this chassis over the years, probably gunna invest in another set!

Z
Dec 22, 2008
Kalispell Mt
Great my wife seen this thread and screams to me, I want pink flames.Looks like I will be painting and stikering up her sled for the next week. Really it looks good and gives some ideas about the wifes sled thank Mattymac.:):D:beer;

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Very nice!! :face-icon-small-coo Great job there!

I used an Ole's riser for my 1M. Gave me some lift, and moved the bars forward at the same time. Works perfect for me. :)

I also like the Powder Pros. Wish I would have tried them first and not put the money out on other skis, but oh well.....at least I have them now and I wouldn't give them up for anything! :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features