• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MN Snowmobile Race

J
Dec 24, 2007
MN
Sat Jan 24th Snowmobile Hillclimb (Hill Drags) with jumps.
Trophy Classes --Trail Stock - Legends 40 + -Vintage - Womens and new this year Trophy class for 440 and 600 race sleds (stock) 88 also vintage cheater class 1988 and older anything goes.

Cash Class -- Race Sleds & Trail Sleds Eligible

****** Race sleds not eligible for trophy classes (execpt 440/600 race sled trophy class. -- all race sled mods only eligible for cash class.

Classes from 440 -- through OPEN

Trophy class - Registration 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Cash Class Registraation 12:30 - 1:30 pm

GOLDEN GATE CAMPGROUND\16 MILES NW OF NEW ULM MN ON CTY ROAD 29
OR 6 MILES NORTH OF SLEEPY EYE MN ON HWY 4
(SIGNS WILL BE POSTED)

ALL COMPETITORS MUST BE 18

GO TO www.snowmobile-mnusa.org click MN clubs /search by BROWN COUNTY/click on RIVER VALLEY DUTCHMEN /click on club calendar

call WARDELL 507-354-4386 or 507-276-2859

Jack

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Whats the payout gonna look like for the pro class? I have surgery the day before to pull a rod out of my leg but if the moneys good enough I can grit it out for 500 feet.

J
Dec 24, 2007
MN
MN race

Hey - everyone --
Just to give you a little background. This started as a locals race many years ago. So the format is more trail sled friendly than race sled. The jumps are not huge as we start with a table top so both classes can run the hill. Other jumps depend on snow.
So it is more of a horse power hill -- in fact we have called it Hill Drags in the past.

Trail sleds run trophy classes for the most part but we did have several trail classes sign up for the money class and did pretty well.

Reminder -- no race sleds in the trophy class except the STOCK RACE SLED 440/600 TROPHY CLASS. This should solve the "what is a race sled and what is not" problem. We do tech at sign up for safety (tethers) and to oversee the proper placement of sleds. WE have a qualified tech person on site.

Anyway the cash class IS mostly race sleds of course. WE are thinking we could end up with $2000.00 in prize money but that will depend on enteries. Last year we paid out $1500.00 with one racer getting 500.00 total. An example the 700 class second place last year paid $70.00. Just examples OK

You race your class until you have two losses or of course until you win.

Even though there is a pretty good payout please remember that this is a local race run by club members to fund raise for snowmobile trails. So plan on having fun and accepting conditions and rules although you cannot rule it out there probably will not be any factory race teams there as they will be at X games -- i am just kidding of course but we have had Bauerly's -Haala -Skindelein -Jacobsen -Stadick-Phillips-Grausam-Kral and other snocross racers stop by to compete.

The club that runs this race has a long history of having races and many club members race or have raced. We do have permits and spectator insurance etc. Announcers - Speakers plenty of pit parking .

Must 18 -- no alcohol until after your done racing of course.

We have had as many as 1000 fans there in the past -- have a heated building and heated tent on site -- as well as bon fire pits.

I will confirm entery fees tonight ata our meeeting -- but 35-40 for payback classes and 25-30 for troghy classes.
Jack

J
Dec 24, 2007
MN
MN race

No I cannot confrim if he will be there. Since he went pro I di not get to toalk to him anymore LOL -- I really only saw him at Duluth. His friend who usually builds the hill will be out west riding and #15 may be as well - as it is an off week for nationals (X Games). So we will see.
Jack

T
Nov 30, 2007
How much have entries fees been in the past for cash classes?? Is there basically just one class? If not, how much are the pro cash class entry fees?

Thanks,
Newgard

J
Dec 24, 2007
MN
MN race

Trophy class -- $25 cash class ---$35

usual gate and emt fee adds something like $11.00

You can bump up as many classes as you would like
600 stock
600 mod
800?
open
I will attach the actual classes later but for now that i sthe best answer I can give.

Jack

J
Dec 24, 2007
MN
MN Race

Race meeting tonight. We are planning on renting a BR 180 type groomer to help make the track up the hill a little more interesting. The guy building the hill has raced Hill X for many years. some of you know him Chuck Efenberger. Anyway more snow than the last few years will help -- still will have it tame enough for the trail class and hopefully challenging enough for the cas (race) class.

See you at the races.
Jack

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
So if I bring my 98 xcr 440 do I have to race only in the racers class:D:D
Just joking with you Jak, hope to see a good turn out like the last couple of years.
Darren

J
Dec 24, 2007
MN
mn race

woops I forgot Jordan was there last year. Just a reminder 550-600 foot hill. A couple table tops as this same hill supports a trail class as well.
Double elimination - side by side drag race -- type format.

So the hill is fairly tame but can be fast. We did groom out the dirt jumps made several years ago. And we got rid of the dirt "lip" that somehow came into play the last few years -- Faster and farther out shutdown I think caused it.

Anyway this is a local run event and sure it is racing so it does get a little serious but you really have to come to have fun.

Respect our officials and scorers as they do this once a year (and do a good job)

Thanks for the interest. Jack

J
Dec 24, 2007
MN
MN race

Just a couple days away! Just a reminder - we haev bon fires and a heated building on site - also a heated beverage tent - for the spectators and the racers - once they are done. I know the cold does not bother the racers - we have raced all wekend at -15 but bring friends and family as we have a warming areas.

JAK

Premium Features