• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zr 200 governor Adjustment?

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Have a 2019 zr 200 - wanted to make sure sled was on best setting for a race - there isn’t anything in the manual I see for adjustment -
Picture shows it ….
e9c83bde0c7c5da6c617b6cb5f5289eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
mine is in the middle dont know which is "right". but i think it might be an adjustment to make the throttle more or less agressive, that setting looks like you would need to pull the throttle less to move the governor arm a certain amount. I could be wrong though as i also couldnt find any info.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Moved mine over to the right second to last one (more narrower side of arm) throttle travels closer to handlebar so I’m guessing that’s an improvement didn’t notice huge difference but some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
The governor arm has the spring with the rubber hose covering it. I have not tried it on the 200, but the 120 if you put a plastic tie around the spring allowing it to stretch half way it almost doubled the mph? The new machines have the flat slide carb and the governor is electronics. Trying to figure out how to make them go faster!!

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
the electronic limiter will cut the engine at 6000rpm no matter else you do. aligned clutches with good weights and rollers then higher gearing and or the ported high compression head would make them faster

Premium Features