• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp to xm

chtransmission

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
this is for the 08 and 09 xp owners that love their sled and can side hill and tree ride without a problem. is the xm that much better than the xp that some riders hate. have not had a chance to ride a xm yet. thanks

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I wouldnt say its a huge difference from a properly setup XP, I liked my XP's and had no issues riding them, but the XM does everything just a little better and with less effort, less feedback through the bars, better ergos, gets on top better...IMO.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I just rode the XM for the first time the other day and im a cat rider, I couldnt stand riding the XP, I just couldnt do it for me sitting around do nothing was better then riding the XP (not joking I really hated that sled) but that XM is something else its so much better in every single way, not only did I "like" the sled I want to buy one now! I guess to someone coming off and XP yes it is a similar chassis and I guess it does things the same in a way so it wouldnt feel all that much better, but to someone who hated the XP and couldnt even ride it, and I love my M8 more then anything I hopped on the XM and feel like it is the best sled on the market. So yes its that much better.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I just rode the XM for the first time the other day and im a cat rider, I couldnt stand riding the XP, I just couldnt do it for me sitting around do nothing was better then riding the XP (not joking I really hated that sled) but that XM is something else its so much better in every single way, not only did I "like" the sled I want to buy one now! I guess to someone coming off and XP yes it is a similar chassis and I guess it does things the same in a way so it wouldnt feel all that much better, but to someone who hated the XP and couldnt even ride it, and I love my M8 more then anything I hopped on the XM and feel like it is the best sled on the market. So yes its that much better.

What he said, exactly.

I've ridden lots of XP's... wanted to like them, and NEVER rode one that I didn't want to get off asap. Rode the XM & bought it. IMO, no comparison. I wouldn't touch an XP, and the XM is amazing. I don't know how one could say they're even close, but to me they're worlds apart.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
met some young riders last weekend and the 90 pound girl loved her xp.while sitting there she kept telling her group..lets go ride,lets go ride.LOL.

chtransmission

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
thanks for the replys. i want to get a new sled ,love my 09 xp and no reason to get rid of it. i just need to find a xm to ride to make up my mind. thanks winterbrew for your clutching and rear skid relocate bracket:face-icon-small-hap

R
Nov 24, 2011
My dealer told me the xm and xs chassis is identical to the xp, all the parts are interchangeable, just different suspension and plastics ( designed for more foot room).

Premium Features