• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xp Timbersled Mountain Tamer

J
Jan 9, 2008
I was looking for feedback on the MTN Tamer on th XP. Is anyone running it? Just want postive and negatives and if its worth the cash.

P
Feb 22, 2008
i'm runnig the mtn tamer skid 146 and love it. You can really notice the weight defference and less trenching.The main reason for buying is to keep skies from lifting with 860 kit when clibing. The negetives are rear mounting brakets are not strong enough, broke mine in half, need stronger ones.

Summit830

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, ID
Does the Mountain Tamer still transfer when needed.....like when you want to lift the skis to clear an obstacle?

The M-10 was great for soaking up the big hits and keeping the skis down on a climb, but you couldn't get the skis to come off the ground for anything!!!

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
TTT

good question about being able to lift the front end when wanted / needed. Anyone?

I'm also interested in people's experience with how the performance of your XP changed with a Mountain Tamer on? Natural aspirated sleds specifically.

Is it worth doing a MT skid on a NA XP? Thinking of picking one up so any response helps.

J
Dec 22, 2008
Ellensburg
A buddy is runnin one on his '09 163. Nice suspension, does what it is advertised to do....keep the skiis down and climb. Thing wont wheelie for nothin, took the fun factor out of it IMO. I prefer mine to pack the skiis and ride the track.

Premium Features