• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP summer Mods

I recall lot's about Al grinding the rave valves

This struck me as a must-do based on my understanding that stock Rave's open around 7k for emissions reasons but but cutting them effectively changes this to 6k and opens up a lot of midrange torque. Is this correct?

This struck me as a must-do based on my understanding that stock Rave's open around 7k for emissions reasons but but cutting them effectively changes this to 6k and opens up a lot of midrange torque. Is this correct?

I thought this sounded pretty good too when i talked to him but i would like to hear from someone who has tried it on weather on no it is worth it.

We saw the best gains on our shop XP's the last 2 seasons with our clutch setup and a 174-2.5 Camo extreme. This combo turned alot of heads in the deep....never came across another XP that was close and was more than competive with any 2s turbo we came across...all with 100% stock engine/HPS silencer. We purposly left the engine stock to evaluate clutching for customer setups. IMO a stiffer secondary spring is a step in the wrong direction, as is removing primary weight or using a straight or reverse helix....and we have tried it all and heard the costly horror stories from many customers who have also tried it all...they can be made to work OK, but all are a compromise for deep mountain riding (IMHO).
My personal XP is getting a makeover this summer....lots of chrome and powdercoat, Evol-X shocks, the same clutching we offer the customer and will likely do BigJohn's 860. Will try to post some pics of the progress soon. :beer;:)

Who did you have power coat your sled parts. Thanks Terry

probably american powdercoating in auburn !
mike:D

Terry, yes....American in Auburn. If you go there, try to pick from what they have in stock or you will pay alot more $$ and takes alot more time. I got my stuff back the next day, very happy with their work, have used them for years.:beer;

They close for starting and low speed...at 6400 rpm +- a little (throttle opening related)...they open 1/2 way...and at 7400 rpm +- a little (throttle opening related)...they open all the way...opening a barn door ex. port to early kills mid range tq/hp...BJ

I tried the softer spring in the primary and a different helix, end result was pulling all the weight out of the primary and same track speed as a bone stock xp. will hopefully have winter brews setup next year. plus vforce 3's, head and pipe.

I tried the softer spring in the primary and a different helix, end result was pulling all the weight out of the primary and same track speed as a bone stock xp. will hopefully have winter brews setup next year. plus vforce 3's, head and pipe.

...save your $$ on the reeds, do the pipe only for the weight loss. Plenty of gains with head and clutching :beer;;)

Got my clutch back from Doodoctor the other day. UNREAL welds these guys do! We're talking space shuttle stuff here! Can't wait to try the upgraded SHR/RKT motor and Doodoc floating QRS this season!

Got my clutch back from Doodoctor the other day. UNREAL welds these guys do! We're talking space shuttle stuff here! Can't wait to try the upgraded SHR/RKT motor and Doodoc floating QRS this season!

Cheatin Bastid ...............

Only XP mods I am dooing are; BNG's & Slydog Ski's ......... I'll match my summer mods against that cheater Davey B's this season we'll see oncet and for all, if BNG gives better performance than horsepowercheatersumbeotch mods :D:D:D

Challenge is ON like donkeyKong!!:eek:

Powdercoat/replace parts that I broke is pretty much the extent of mods......other than shocks/clutching/full wrap...

1038-1.jpg

Premium Features

Back