• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp rear suspension

T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
My last 3 skids were holz, nextech and M10. Have a Holz alpha now, I will be selling it and going back to the nextech skid. Nothing wrong with the Holz skid, it is very clean, light and works very well in the deep snow. The Nextech skid is just lighter, holds no snow and rides better over the moguls.

http://www.carbonsled.com/Mono_rear_susp.htm

curt

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2008
New suspension

Response to the ride and handling of our NEXTECH carbon fiber mono shock suspension has been great with the only drawback being the price. To make the advanced design more atainable at a lower price we have tested all of the peices in aluminum instead of carbon and this will be all billit trick stuff. The price should be around 2800.00 canadian for a complete aluminum skid and weight is still under 40 lbs for a 162. Sorry no pictures just yet, but real soon. The carbon skid will also still be available.
thank you
Curt Miskew
NEXTECH
780-983-5389
www.carbonsled.com

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
I sent KMOD an e-mail asking about a "simple" upgrade for the rear skid. Their set-up is 100% bolt-on and from the looks of the pics on the website, turns the skid into a coupled or semi-coupled set-up. What I would be interested in, is a "simple" upgrade where the front arm and front shock are re-used, but a new rear scissor and related linkages are supplied, along with a COIL-OVER shock.....not a Fox Float. Not interested in the Floats....I personally don't think they are a good product. Light, yes. Reliable, no. I believe someone mentioned before: if air shocks are the best, why don't F-1 cars use them? Baja trucks? Anybody else interested in what I've laid out here?

Last edited:
O
Aug 17, 2009
If you ride alot of Deep Snow just have your rear shock valved correctly for your weight.... If your a heavy rider upgfading your 2 rear torsion spirings is advised to pevent sag.

If you ride alot of trails or hardpack a full blown suspension kit might be worth consideration

The key with any suspension you purchase is allowing the suspension to completely thaw out after each ride. Regardless of which brand of shocks you choose ALL shocks suffer from freeze and condensation which will effect shock performance.

OT

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
shock mount...

Just a thought...

what about just drilling a hole directly ABOVE the stock hole for the lower front shock mount (in the rail)...in essence droping the rail without changing geometry (drilling a hole in the tunnel) or buying a longer shock/front arm...

what do you guys think???-BJ

Premium Features