• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP NOS Kits

Ya, we played with nitrous on an xp last year. Keep in mind this sled had a turbo crank, porting, and cut head. The nitrous DID NOT work at all. You could hit the button for 3 to 5 seconds before it was on the knock sensor. Didnt matter what fuel was in the thing. The 5 seconds you got before it detonated didnt make enough difference to count.

Then, we put the kit on an 05 rev. It doesnt really work well in that application either because you have to overclutch the sled so it doesnt rev to the limiter on the button. When he is climbing a hill and nails the nitrous you can hear a difference in the motor, about 400 rpm, but the sleds speed doesnt change much if any.

We could be doing something wrong but I dont think so...I would rank nitrous as a poor place to spend money on a skidoo.

Had it on my 04 and liked the happy button. Use it to get your RPM's back when you start losing track speed. At full tilt and max rpm it is going to do nothing but over rev. I miss the happy button. Happy button can get you in trouble. Going farther and higher in some ugly places means you might have to
come down that same line. Lots of hills we came too guys would be playing and when you make a run with the bottle on it then about when everyone moves on. That kit was a fogger which sprayed into air box. Tended to suck more NOS into one carb. After 2 seasons with juice pulled the system and
rebuilt the motor and it looked pretty good. No long bottun hols short bursts no more then 5 secs. Great for when you hit something lose your momentum and use the button to get your track speed back. Spraying into the carbs I think is the trick but need a PC change.

I have a boss system on my 06, still trying to figure where to mount everything on the hill climb edition, so It has not yet been tested on it, if you have a boss system make sure it does not spray on the dpm tubes in the throat of your carbs

A riding buddy has one on his '08...stock engine, our clutching and Boondocker nitrous. It seems to work good and hasn't caused any problems. He does run a little race fuel and also has a SLP head and pipe.
Adds about 5mph track speed if used on a climb, put it into the low 50's mph with a 163 in the deep. You have to clutch a bit on the low RPM side so it doesn't overrev too much when on the button and it'll load the clutching to take advantage of the added power.

I have a buddy who put boss kit on his xp and he has had nothing but problems with it. Bottles always poping off dumping the nos, hose broke going to the airbox, the batties rusting in springs, and the valve not opening or closing. For the amount of nos that he has bought and the amount that he as actullay used and the grief he gone though I wouldn't put it on my sled.

first of all , if the bottles pressure valve pops its to hot witch means it to close to the can and needs some heat shielding , if the battery pack is getting that wet then need to relocate it or pack it with electrical grease, also if he has a old kit he needs to send it in and they'll send him a updated kit with all the updated valves, I've had my kit for 3 years , I've had the same problems , But I'm the one that installed it ,not boss, and they have fixed any problem I've had !

nos is great. works great. adds 20+ hp(min) at the push of a button and there are no problems if installed correctly. I have a BD kit on my 08 800xp. not a problem. added the shr860, and still no problems. lots of bottles. I only need the buttons for 1-2 seconds per shot, just at the top of a climb to keep track speed up. or sometimes in the middle, or if a big climb, then one shot on the bottom, one in the middle and one at the top. have lots of friend with nos, no problems. problems ONLY come from incorrect installation, and/or incorrect tuning, and/or incorrect usage. 2 gallons of race fuel per tank insures problem free riding.

I run the boondocker kit with the adjustable regulator on my 08 xp. I think it works really well but it takes some setup time. With the regulator I run a 30hp shot just to help pull the clutching at elevation, once I get to the hill I drop a clicker or two and open the regulator up to a 45-50 hp shot. That's a lot of fun!!! Don't forget to clutch for it, over revving sounds fast but it's a waste of spray.

Premium Features

Back