• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp crankshaft

S
May 3, 2012
brentwood ca.
Was wondering if anyone has bought crankshaft off that guy on ebay....if so did you get it che ked for tolerance or just bolt it up?....I need a new crank for 08 summit x....it only went 2800 mi. Thankx ahead of time

R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
Was wondering if anyone has bought crankshaft off that guy on ebay....if so did you get it che ked for tolerance or just bolt it up?....I need a new crank for 08 summit x....it only went 2800 mi. Thankx ahead of time

Cheap bearings...you're getting what you're paying for. Call BIG JOHN, fresh BRP reman that's been trued, greased and includes seals.

Big john
Sled head racing
612 718 3861

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I'm pretty sure they are not new rods or new rod bearings. Call BJ for a crank.

I agree , Only BRP reman gives new Rods and bearings.my trued from BJ is at .0005.smoooth as silk. I would Never install a crank without new rods. thats the weak link

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Cranks are weak until they are bolted into the case....they can change even in shipping. Also, the condition of the case will also somewhat dictate the runout after it's assembled. No sense in putting a "perfect" crank into a junk case so having someone like John check them out and do the work might be worth the $$.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Cranks are weak until they are bolted into the case....they can change even in shipping. Also, the condition of the case will also somewhat dictate the runout after it's assembled. No sense in putting a "perfect" crank into a junk case so having someone like John check them out and do the work might be worth the $$.

Also this latest trued SHR Reman crank that is .0005 now was at .0015 when first installed and cases were line bored, After a 50 mile break-in the bearings loosened up and it settled in nicely

Premium Features