• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM add ons - need advice

Grip and Rip

All 3 of our XM's have the Grip and Rip after I totaled a 13 on a soft crash. Also full skid plates. Where we ride the is a lot of tall stumps under the snow and I always end up doing a Mountain Scorpion a couple times a year, so far the Grip and Rip and the full skid plate has worked for me. Easier and cheaper to replace an A arm then the S and E modules. The only time I have had issues with snow building up was in very deep powder in Cooke and the sleds sat outside all night. The snow froze up pretty tight, a couple gentle hits with a rubber mallet broke it all loose.

The other thing worth mentioning is a skid plate will protect the bottom of the front heat exchanger. Had a friend run a rock down the bottom and the only thing it hit was his heat exchanger. Put a nice U in it.

Anyone run the Racewerx bumper with the doo extreme skid plate?
I run a Racewerx bumper with that skid plate. Only the back half though, I cut the skid plate off right behind the end of the bumper. Working good so far.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back