• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wth went wrong? help me figure out my turbo issues

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
ok, this is NOT another Silber turbo bash session....just want to try and figure out what the deal is. this is the 3rd ride out and it has ran flawless since day one.

deatails: silber turbo, 8lbs boost, straight av gas at 6000ft (i know its overkill). sled ran great all morning and when i got to the bowl is when the problems started. af was showing very rich (11.3ish). i went for a poke and she was running nice and smooth until about half way up when i let off the throttle and got back into it and it went rich. i kept on in hopes it would clean up a little and it got worse.

here is a video of that pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=044wz1s4pss&feature=youtu.be

got down, leaned it out on red blue a couple points....went for a pull and it would go rich as **** then back to lean and back to rich and surge like i was on and off the throttle. tried easing it into wot but no luck. (note my thumb is not moving when surging)

here is a video of that pull also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92LgaBNCmxQ&feature=youtu.be

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I'm gonna guess injector issue. Not the silber injectors, the stock polaris ones. I've heard of quite a few of them going out and getting replaced on pro's with less than 200 miles and some with 1500 miles. Could be the TPS too. Also check for cracks in the hose going to your fuel controller.

Last edited:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Polaris can test injectors, not sure on the price though. You might be able to test the tps sensor with an ohm meter. I know I can on my yammi's.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
In had a coolant leak at the beginning of the ride off the head at a small line that hooks to the turbo. Think I got some moisture in some plugs? Ran fine for about 30 minutes after I fixed the leak

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Dobek box? time for a new box.

Sorry to whoever did not like my response. 90% of the efi turbo problems I have seen are with the controller. 80-90% of those boxes have been dobec. I have one buddy that has gone through three.

The first thing I would do if my sled acted that way would be to replace the controller. No matter what brand.

You should have a boost line to the controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Red Blue does not lean anything out. If you lowered the number you actually brought boost fuel in sooner making it load up more. The green blue is the one you needed to lower.

ok, this is NOT another Silber turbo bash session....just want to try and figure out what the deal is. this is the 3rd ride out and it has ran flawless since day one.

deatails: silber turbo, 8lbs boost, straight av gas at 6000ft (i know its overkill). sled ran great all morning and when i got to the bowl is when the problems started. af was showing very rich (11.3ish). i went for a poke and she was running nice and smooth until about half way up when i let off the throttle and got back into it and it went rich. i kept on in hopes it would clean up a little and it got worse.

here is a video of that pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=044wz1s4pss&feature=youtu.be

got down, leaned it out on red blue a couple points....went for a pull and it would go rich as **** then back to lean and back to rich and surge like i was on and off the throttle. tried easing it into wot but no luck. (note my thumb is not moving when surging)

here is a video of that pull also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92LgaBNCmxQ&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: dyllaboy

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Red Blue does not lean anything out. If you lowered the number you actually brought boost fuel in sooner making it load up more. The green blue is the one you needed to lower.

You mean, turned on red sooner:face-icon-small-sho

either way, the only thing that would do is turn on red sooner, in turn making your problem worse, assuming it was fueling related.

due to the sudden nature of your issue, and consistancy the last few rides, molesting the fuel controller should be the last thing in your list of stuff to check. We just tend to do that first as it takes no effort.

cap downpipe, cap turbo inlet, and add pressure, im betting you will find your issue in about 30 seconds if you pressure test your setup.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
i went both ways on fuel on the control box both red and red blue. i do need to get more of an idea how to run it though lol. i had some directions on my phone but just a few basics.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
the lean to fat lean to fat really makes me scratch my head. but....im new to this turbo thang so im still pretty green. bare with me lol

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Like Corey said, red/blue is not what you want to adjust - you need to adjust the green/blue for wide open rich or lean adjustments. The green/blue is the coarse fuel adjustment and the red is the fine fuel adjustment for the top end.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
What is your red/blue setting after you messed with it? After watching the video I bet your red/blue is set to low. Kicks in fuel and makes it puke then turns off then back on and so forth. I think my red/blue is like 6 or 7.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
hell i cant remember. i may have even been adjusting green blue ha ha. but your probably right, thats what i may have done. i had a ****ty version of the destruction on my phone and still dont have much of a clue as to what i am doing! ha ha

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
just looked at another gopro vid.......you are right. i was messing with red and red blue.....probably had it down to 4.5-5 lol. damn im an idiot. ha ha i really need to make me a print out like yours jim

Premium Features