• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB Union Bay 1350 W/C triple head

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I'm looking for a Union Bay head for the 1350 watercraft based triples. If you have one or know of one please PM me. I also need one more UB 900 cylinder and would be interested in any polaris/UB parts. Thanks for any help. Jay

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Yes I have. Polarisrocks knows somebody in Washington state that supposedly has an entire engine but the guy moved and he is having trouble finding him. Do you know of any?

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
No I haven't, I've kinda been thinking of him as an ace up my sleeve if I can't find a UB head. I think Dan can build damn near anything. :face-icon-small-ton

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Hi Ryan, I'm not sure. First choice would be an IQR, but I don't have one yet, and I'm not putting it in the wifes, this one is for me. Maybe my old '98 700 or I do have that gen 2 chassie in the shop, hell I don't know. I am going to build a 1350, that I can say for sure. I talked to Doug Ruth the other day and the UB 900 BB he is working on for me should be running this winter, thats what I would like to drop in my '98. I've seen some very nice IQR rollers on here but they are all so far away, but for the right one I'm up for a road trip. If I end up in Washington state again I'll look you up and we can go for a beer or something.

Last edited:
T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Hmmm I think you may have ended up with my ubr 900 stuff, I remember shipping it to Doug, sold it on eBay last year. Small world if so.

I briefly had a ubr 970ish in my iqr two years ago and before I blew it, it was awesome. So zappy!

Good luck with your search! 1350 sure would be nice in that iqr roller with the ve tunnel anger890 is selling.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I did buy your cylinders off ebay last year. I had Doug resleeve them and source pistons, gaskets and a few other parts they were missing. Hopefully those are two of the cylinders that will make up my 1350. I keep collecting parts and someday I might make this happen.

Dec 1, 2007
Man, wish I would've seen this sooner. There was a guy selling a whole 900U.B. motor at haydays, less crank. Needed crank and one piston for $500. Maybe he'll see this post.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Jay...

I always keep it in the back of my mind looking at parts etc , I am going to visit my son's in Smithers this late spring and I sure wish I had a head in my trunk heading down to end your search...but just wishful thinking for now..

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Look me up when your here, we'll go have a coffee or something. I want to build a 1350 IQR someday, got a long way to go yet, but someday.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
call this guy. I hope its still his number he had one for UB cyls on a wc triple setup. They were running these motors in drag quads, worth a shot!!! Great guy to deal with btw! I got a stock polaris cyl UB WC triple cover from him and I know he said at the time he had one for ub cyls!!!!

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313110

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Thanks for the tip MattyMac, didn't pan out but talking to Dave was nice anyway. Very interesting gentleman. Come on guys, I know they are out there.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Keith Hutchinson former employee of ubr has one.. just need to talk him out of it.. anyone have his number?

Premium Features