• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB Edge chassis lightweight/ billet spindles

S
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Looking for a set of light weight spindles for and edge chassis, or if you know where to buy them, nothing at ftx or fabcraft

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Holtz made some nice billet aluminum ones back in the day. I see their website has been mothballed and did not get any hits from a google search. Those are the only ones I’m aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Holtz made some nice billet aluminum ones back in the day. I see their website has been mothballed and did not get any hits from a google search. Those are the only ones I’m aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There were lots of them out there at one time; trixtuf, fabcraft, fastrax, and the holz you mentioned- looking for someone holding onto a set

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
The weight savings has got to be measured in cups of gasoline. Don't fill up your tank all the way, and save the expenditure of light weight parts.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Curious how many parts that were once considered trick and/or lightweight are on sleds sitting in someone's field or backyard just rotting away...
Or went to scrap yard... The most tricked out and cared-for sled could be trashed or a lawn ornament after a few years and changing hands a time or two. You see upgrade cycles that sometimes flood the market with certain chassis and age ranges. When that happens, the guys who'd know the difference usually aren't the ones buying. That tends to kill any added value in a modded sled; it's hard to get much if you have to explain why the buyer would want it. Then, being the last of the trailing arm sleds hit the EDGE sleds especially hard (and a little unfairly). I often spot aftermarket parts on EDGE sleds on Craigslist that aren't mentioned in the description.

I can't see spending much on it, but I think a lightweight EDGE build could be fun. It's one of the best chassis for old-school tinkerers, and capable enough as long as you're not getting into really steep or deep, or too much technical terrain. You just have to take your time finding the parts, or maybe luck out on somebody culling their parts collection. Some of the really cool stuff is just too rare, but if it's a common enough upgrade, if nothing else you can find it on ebay sooner or later.

Premium Features