• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WRP Gauge Lifter

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I just purchased and installed a gauge lifter from wrp. It seems like it may be a one size fits all leftover from a different chassis. The factory wire harness is kinked pretty hard due to the location of the hole on the wrp base plate. did the pro chassis wire harness come off riders left or center of the plug? i'm not sure i want to run it as is. it's pretty tight.

anyone else have a similar experience or should i just run it?

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
thanks, that answers my question about the leftovers. my plug looks similar but the wires come out of the mag side at a 90* angle. the slot in the base plate would be better in the center.

the gauge is really nice to see without leaning back and putting my chin to my chest. I just don't want to break some wiring in the process. i'm guess it wouldn't be under warranty.:face-icon-small-coo

btw, did your directions talk about the bolts or rivets for the base plate?

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i've ran gauge lifters on many of my sleds . i have never had any problem installing them. the pro should have plenty of wire for the gauge . no they are not left overs from other models of sled . i hope this puts your mind at ease

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
i've ran gauge lifters on many of my sleds . i have never had any problem installing them. the pro should have plenty of wire for the gauge . no they are not left overs from other models of sled . i hope this puts your mind at ease

the pro seems to have plenty of harness to give but the axys appears to be different. there are 4 connectors on the wire harness that affix the harness in different directions ( lights, ignition, gauge and hood to lower harness). each of those only allow so much travel. the leftover comment was suggesting that wrp made a good lifter for the pro but did not want to spend the money to move the hole on the screened base plate over to the right a little. this puts the wires in a bind since they come off the connector at a 90 degree angle.

so, anyone have a gauge lifter on the axys that they like that appears to have been made for it?

Premium Features