• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wiring Digitron DT54S - XP

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Does anyone know how to wire the tach? I spliced the red wire to one of the 3 yellow wires going into the voltage regulator, and I grounded the black. But no tach or power other than the battery of the unit when I started the sled????

The EGT's were working, but the water temp was not either. Thanks in advance.:beer;

S

studsrsx

Jan 2, 2008
You need the 3 wire dc harness. Then you can hook up your power and ground to the acc plug. The tach wire ( orange ) in your digitron harness gets hooked up to the green / white wire in the main harness that goes to your guages. hope this helps.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Thanks guys, but I got it to work, just a bad ground. FYI you don't need the 3 wire dc harness for the 800R motor. I have 2 EGT's, water temp, and RPM. Wooohooo.

S

studsrsx

Jan 2, 2008
I had mine hooked up just like you before but was told by digitron not to this and that is why I switched mine this year.

Y
Feb 20, 2010
can i hook up the black to ground.. the orange to the red and green wire.. then put the red wire to the grey and red wire that powers the gauges?

Premium Features